HWS Potential New Issues, at least for me.

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
Yesterday my HWS was busy downloading about six hours of shows from the external HDD. Apparently (unknown to me) that used one of the tuners, so one of my three scheduled recordings was ignored... no warning was given. I missed the local news (no big loss) at 6PM. And I was a bit surprised that it did not suggest switching over to the parallel channel on OTA. Is this a new issue for the HWS or just for me?

Lucky, any clue why it happened? Would all three timers use too much resources, e.g., CPU, memory?

Not sure about your locals but on mine they are listed like "5 news at 5" or 6,10. Is it possible you set a timer for the earlier version and not for the time you had expected?

You can also go into the daily schedule and go back and see if it was skipped for some reason, e.g. priority, by user, not new episode.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

It might have just missed the timer. There are a few people, myself included, who have noticed this since the last update. I think it's discussed in the thread about the latest update. :)

We had a recording skip 2 weeks ago. The hopper couldn't be accessed from any Joey and wouldn't turn on. Needed a red button reset to get it going again. First time that has happened since I had Hoppers 10 months now. HWS in the house less than a month.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)