Important notice about your DISH account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Recently several DISH customers have reported that people claiming to be representatives of DISH have contacted them in an attempt to collect money for special promotions or upgrades. We have discovered that these callers are often asking for credit card numbers or requesting payments via Western Union or Green Dot.

This message is to remind you that DISH will never call you asking for this or any other personal information or information related to your DISH account. If you receive a call requesting a payment in exchange for a promotion or upgrade, we encourage you to disconnect the call and contact us directly at 800-333-DISH (800-333-3474).

As a reminder, the forms of payment that DISH accepts are:
• Credit card
• Debit card
• Electronic funds transfer
• Check by mail
• Cash through any retail store that offers:
o MoneyGram Express Payments
o IPP (In Person Payments)
o PreCash
o CheckFreePay
o ACE Cash Express
o Western Union Prepaid Services*
*If you make a payment through Western Union, you will receive a 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN). DISH will never ask for this number.

Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

Just got this

Got this one, still haven't gotten the "Sword of Damocles" email about BB@H.

imo with those sort of scams going on,they need to be more forthcoming about the audit team calls.The first thing I did was to pm a dirt member to verify the call was legit,but a lot of folks won't know the difference.

As I said, it looks like everyone has gotten the email. If everyone posts a me to message, this thread could break records for the number of posts.

I actually didn't get any message on either of the Dish accounts I handle. (Mine and my parents). I am smart enough to not give out that kind of information anyways though and my parents would never make changes to their dish account without talking to me so no biggy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts