DVR getting hijacked

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Had my Hopper+2 Joeys since April, love it, but.... On more than one occasion, have had programs recorded which I did not select. Generally not an issue, but Sunday night, two of my favorite shows, which I have on the weekly cycle to record, got bumped by two programs I did not select. One of these had been a program I used to record, but I was very diligent about cancelling it from my timers list.

How does one get rid of these unwanted shows which are not on the timers list? I'm not real pleased at the thought of going thru the daily schedule constantly to cull these.

Thanks for any thoughts.

You need to check the Scheduled Recordings and if you find a title you don't want trace it back to the timer.
A shortened version may match that program unless you specify an exact match. Possibly on a different channel?

If you purged within the last 9 days, it could possibly have been already set to record the event and thus you got it.
That should not happen if you truly deleted the timer soon enough.

Is it possible it was in the PTAT set? Could one of the Hopper users have set it? Examine which recorder set it up.

-Ken

If any shows were recently set to record they would automatically be placed last in the record order. Those timers must have been placed some time before yours or someone manually changed the priority order.

You do have a choice for adding new timers as the last (initial choice) or the first. The first would be good to insure you get it. The last is good to check for conflicts.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts