HWS updated to U242

Just checked and our other HwS got U242 on 12/14 and with both on U242 we still can't watch programs from the other box. The early box is nicely fast. The other, our main box, is slow. Was hoping that things would speed up over time. Guess not.
For me, the U242 update has made my HWS slower than it ever was. I had read in another thread where future software updates were supposed to address the slowness with the older Hoppers. I sure hope that happens!

For me, the U242 update has made my HWS slower than it ever was. I had read in another thread where future software updates were supposed to address the slowness with the older Hoppers. I sure hope that happens!

I'm ready to call retention and either get a replacement or move to a two H3 set up or just move. I'm tired of 22 years of being a Gamma Tester. I've tried to be a Beta tester where I'd expect this, but they've ignored me. Things should not be like this when the software is in the wild.

I'm ready to call retention and either get a replacement or move to a two H3 set up or just move. I'm tired of 22 years of being a Gamma Tester. I've tried to be a Beta tester where I'd expect this, but they've ignored me. Things should not be like this when the software is in the wild.

This is outta control. On 242 can’t even pause and trail a live program (non ota) by a few minutes - play back is breaking up and dropping out.

Christ almighty this is beyond infuriating...

This is outta control. On 242 can’t even pause and trail a live program (non ota) by a few minutes - play back is breaking up and dropping out.

I am also seeing a lot of pixelization, macroblocking, and stuttering. I was attributing it to the weather, but it really isn't that bad outside.

You're not alone, I experienced this as well, and it is indeed infuriating. I suppose it's too much to ask that when they try to fix something they don't break something else that was previously working. Job security?
BTW, this aforementioned breaking up/dropping out/pixilation/etc. also happens on OTA stations.

You're not alone, I experienced this as well, and it is indeed infuriating. I suppose it's too much to ask that when they try to fix something they don't break something else that was previously working. Job security?
BTW, this aforementioned breaking up/dropping out/pixilation/etc. also happens on OTA stations.

A power cord reset has reset my sanity for the time being.

All functioning well once again - even previously affected recordings (OTA & satellite) are playing back without issue...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)