HWS upgrade from the original hopper

faceoff007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
US
Hi,

I have the original hopper with a sling adapter and a Joey. Recently my sling adapter died. I contacted Dish Customer support online and was told that they can replace it but there will be $15 shipping fee. I have also asked about the HWS to replace my current hoppper and was told it will cost $100 but 2 year commitment.Here are few questions:

1. Did anyone upgrade from the original hopper with no cost?

2. Is it possible to transfer the existing content and timers from the original hopper to the new one?

3. What would be the best deal I can get with my current situation? Get a new adapter or the new HWS?

Thanks.

[h=2]HWS upgrade from the original hopper[/h]
Hi,

I have the original hopper with a sling adapter and a Joey. Recently my sling adapter died. I contacted Dish Customer support online and was told that they can replace it but there will be $15 shipping fee. I have also asked about the HWS to replace my current hoppper and was told it will cost $100 but 2 year commitment.Here are few questions:

1. Did anyone upgrade from the original hopper with no cost? Almost everyone has to pay some kind of fee.

2. Is it possible to transfer the existing content and timers from the original hopper to the new one? You can transfer recording by using an external hard drive.

3. What would be the best deal I can get with my current situation? Get a new adapter or the new HWS? Ask DIRT on here what you qualify for. If you don't mind renewing a 24 month commitment then it may be best to upgrade. If you're happy with what you have then $15 is bad to get a new Sling Adapter.

Thanks.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)