Hybrid dish point

kwalk

Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Elon,NC
I have put a 1000.2 lnb on an old superdish, I had to modify the arm to get the new lnb mounted, question is: what number should I use to aim, especially the skew will it be the same for the larger dish, also I have an old 301 to aim by, will it show all three sats 110, 119, 129.
thanks for any help

kwalk

Skew would be the same along with elevation but the problem is your prime focus. Using the same length lnb arm that is on the dish prevents the spacing from being correct with the built in eyes on the lnb. The further away from the reflector the lnb's are the further the spacing should be if I am not mistaken. If I am someone correct me on this. It would affect your signal on any lnb not focused on the center of the reflector. I think it would still pickup signal though.

I would first want to get myself to find 119 first and then skew from there and make your adjusts from there, this is because with superdish and the fact that you modifed it makes it more difficult to aim up with proper settings, you gotta set this up freely as I have a feeling some of your settings will be slightly off if you where following a manual, just lock in 119 and then skew a bit and look for 110 after then check 129 and you should have signal tweak 129 and you should be all set, hope this helps

Skew would be the same along with elevation but the problem is your prime focus. Using the same length lnb arm that is on the dish prevents the spacing from being correct with the built in eyes on the lnb. The further away from the reflector the lnb's are the further the spacing should be if I am not mistaken. If I am someone correct me on this. It would affect your signal on any lnb not focused on the center of the reflector. I think it would still pickup signal though.
I measured the distance from lnb eye on superdish, then cut length of arm so that I got the same eye to dish with the new lnb.

I would first want to get myself to find 119 first and then skew from there and make your adjusts from there, this is because with superdish and the fact that you modifed it makes it more difficult to aim up with proper settings, you gotta set this up freely as I have a feeling some of your settings will be slightly off if you where following a manual, just lock in 119 and then skew a bit and look for 110 after then check 129 and you should have signal tweak 129 and you should be all set, hope this helps
you are right about the settings being slightly off the dish doesn't look right set to dp settings, when you say set up 119 first then skew, do you mean cover the 2 other eyes, and start no skew?
thanks for the reply

you are right about the settings being slightly off the dish doesn't look right set to dp settings, when you say set up 119 first then skew, do you mean cover the 2 other eyes, and start no skew?
thanks for the reply

each port on the LNB (depending on which one is assigned to an individual satellite only after you run check switch at the end does it all work on one wire, my guideline was point to 119 first (use 119 port) then move cable to 110 port and then skew for 110, then connect to 129 port and fine tune everything for 129, and the last step is check all ports for each signal after each satellite is receiving a signal then run a check switch, pretty straight forward (just gotta find out which port is what, but my hunch is 119 is 1 110 is 2 and 129 is 3 (but it really depends on which lnb you have, please post a picture as im not sure which LNB you modified to fit your super dish

Switching between Single & Dual Mode using your remote

ME and *E reunite!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)