Hybrid LNB Wiring Diagrams

This is the first I've seen of the grounding cable from the LNBF to the Hub. It totally makes sense, just never thought about it. I don't think my current setup has a grounding line, so not sure how I'm going to manage that

I have a HIC in my HWS / 2 Joey setup. Is it better to have the HIC, or to just hook my home network up to my Hopper, or is it sixes, and just a matter of easiest location of connecting to my home network?

I think the HIC is better as the Joeys don't rely on the Hopper for their internet connection. Also with a HIC you can use the Hopper's ethernet ports for feeding internet to other devices by turning on bridging, (NOT supported by Dish).

Reactions: stardust3
I think the HIC is better as the Joeys don't rely on the Hopper for their internet connection. Also with a HIC you can use the Hopper's ethernet ports for feeding internet to other devices by turning on bridging, (NOT supported by Dish).
a direct Ethernet connection to the hopper is the most preferred connection method. the hic is for a couple of different uses. one is to relocate the WAP for WiFi joeys to achieve a more centralized location for it. another reason is to give a wired BB connection in situations where one isn't available at hopper location. personally i feel if you can avoid adding components to a system then do it. but the hic is there in case you don't have that option.

Reactions: Cd24
a direct Ethernet connection to the hopper is the most preferred connection method. the hic is for a couple of different uses. one is to relocate the WAP for WiFi joeys to achieve a more centralized location for it. another reason is to give a wired BB connection in situations where one isn't available at hopper location. personally i feel if you can avoid adding components to a system then do it. but the hic is there in case you don't have that option.
also bridging is now automatically turned on by default during the initial software download and start up.

I have always had excellent service from using wireless. I have about 85-90% signal strength. Saves having to have another wire to hide.

My HwS install the tech was constantly pulling them off. But I think I have one from the dish to the Node, since he ran a single torn from a pair and a "clean" pair with one and actually used it as a ground, that would be nice. Less work for them.
messenger should only be used from dish to GB, NODE,SWITCH, OR HUB. from there you need a 10awg solid to the ground source to comply with NEC code.

I have always had excellent service from using wireless. I have about 85-90% signal strength. Saves having to have another wire to hide.
Ditto -- the only "trick" I have to remember with my 3 Hoppers is to power up the one connected to WIFI first . . . Then the other two. Otherwise, they can get confused.

How come in the one picture showing the Dpp Lnb,and Duo Node it only has 2 wires from the Dish to the node?

I thought you still had to have all 3 on the Duo Node

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

And also in that picture with the TAP in the 6 room setup, I'm guessing you can't split after that tap for the 7 room setup?
Are you not aloud to use 3 way splitters instead of those Dumb Taps?

02bec21b1920663eb81a0cade2923c72.jpg

And also in that picture with the TAP in the 6 room setup, I'm guessing you can't split after that tap for the 7 room setup?
Are you not aloud to use 3 way splitters instead of those Dumb Taps?

02bec21b1920663eb81a0cade2923c72.jpg

I was curious about this diagram as well. I have seen diagrams where they use 3 way splitters so I don't know why you would do it with a tap.

I wouldn't do it with a Tap.

I hate those taps with a passion.
But now makes me wonder if that guy saying 6 rooms max is correct.
And 7 Rooms is not supported.
I mean in all honesty who would support an odd number of rooms?
Oh wait that's right Dish !