Hybrid Twin EA.2 LNB Question

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
Does anyone know the skew of the 1000.2 EA Dish for the new Hybrid Twin 1K2 EA LNB?

I've got an original Hopper 1 and right now on the Point Dish screen, I've got the 61.5 head on the new Hybrid LNB locked with a signal strength of about 57. But when I check the 72 satellite on the Point Dish screen, I keep getting "Wrong Sat 61.5" appearing, even though 61.5 is locking properly.

Strong signal on 72, but there's a red line and it keeps saying Wrong Sat 61.5.

It doesn't make sense how both LNB heads are seeing 61.5.

Is my Hybrid LNB defective? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Does anyone know the skew of the 1000.2 EA Dish for the new Hybrid Twin 1K2 EA LNB?

I've got an original Hopper 1 and right now on the Point Dish screen, I've got the 61.5 head on the new Hybrid LNB locked with a signal strength of about 57. But when I check the 72 satellite on the Point Dish screen, I keep getting "Wrong Sat 61.5" appearing, even though 61.5 is locking properly.

Strong signal on 72, but there's a red line and it keeps saying Wrong Sat 61.5.

It doesn't make sense how both LNB heads are seeing 61.5.

Is my Hybrid LNB defective? Any suggestions?
The skew is determined by your location.
Also did you move the dish at all?
The skew would be exactly the same as before.

And did you run a check switch?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

The skew is determined by your location.
Also did you move the dish at all?
The skew would be exactly the same as before.

And did you run a check switch?

Finally figured it out. Overall, it wasn't as bad as Mike's experience, but it was still a pain in the butt. Long story short, I took down the 1K4 dish, set up the 1K2 on EA. I kept adjusting the skew, azimuth and elevation, tried setting it up like the 1K4, same location and all, but for some ridiculous reason, I kept getting both LNB heads on the hybrid locked on 61.5 at the same time, and I couldn't get 72 to show up at all. After 4 hours of frustration, I stumbled across a post from someone in Boston saying their EA skew was around 80, so I made the adjustments just for the heck of it... and bam! Found 72. Ran a check switch, 61.5 showed up as well. Peaked it. Got both of them around 50-55 strength on most of the transponders. My locals are at a lower strength though, around 35-36 on spotbeam.

Anyways, at least the upgrade is done now. I'm happy.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
IF you will list your zip code I can tell you exactly what your skew and elevation should be. I have the directions for both eastern and western arcs 1000.2 sat dish. Your locals aren't coming in that strong so I suspect that you could get it higher with the right skew and elevation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts