Hypothetical Question ... adding a 508?

dave-dtw

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Detroit
Let's say I have a Dish 500 (110 and 119) and HD (61.5) with two dishes and two 722ks already hooked up. Is it feasible to add a 508 (that I already own) to this configuration with some minor splitters/equipment modifications that I could do myself? I don't really need to know HOW this is done, I just want to know if this is POSSIBLE and whether this would raise any red flags to Charlie ... b/c hypothetically the 508 might be pulling the signal from another 110/119 configuration a little farther up state, where there is no phone line. If anyone can shed any light, it would be appreciated ... thanks in advance. (Or do they even care?)

Let's say I have a Dish 500 (110 and 119) and HD (61.5) with two dishes and two 722ks already hooked up. Is it feasible to add a 508 (that I already own) to this configuration with some minor splitters/equipment modifications that I could do myself? I don't really need to know HOW this is done, I just want to know if this is POSSIBLE and whether this would raise any red flags to Charlie ... b/c hypothetically the 508 might be pulling the signal from another 110/119 configuration a little farther up state, where there is no phone line. If anyone can shed any light, it would be appreciated ... thanks in advance. (Or do they even care?)

Dave,

First off Dish does not allow service at two different address from one account. You could mount a Dish at your other address and use the 508. Be aware that Dish does call subscribers will secondary receivers that are not connected to a phone line (The Audit Team). If you do get one of these calls and you can not provide the information they ask for (namely the Location ID # from each receiver, and this changes roughly hourly) any receiver on your account that this information is not given for will be shut off for GOOD. You will never be allowed to use this receiver on any existing account.

The only use for a receiver that has been the target of the Audit Team (Sting) will only be able to be activated on a new account.

Now with all that said you could install a Dish 500 at your "Other" address and take your chances, but be aware it's likely to be a problem, unless you are only at the other address infrequently and you bring the 508 back to your home and keep it connected to a phoneline when you are home.

John

You have a hybrid setup. To receive all the HD that is available, you would need to switch to WA or EA. If EA, your 508 will not work, as it does not decode MPEG-4 or even 8PSK. Yes, you could use it separately for just 110/119 but once on EA I doubt they'd go along with that. They expect you to be on the same antenna(s), and they think combining EA with 110/119 will cause tech problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)