Hypothetical Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr_lucky

Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
I'm ditching Comcast cable for Directv and have a couple of "hypothetical" questions regarding local channels and distant network station ("DNS") eligibility. I'm on the edge of the San Francisco/San Jose DMA but my address doesn't qualify for it. The Monterey DMA I'm in doesn't have local channels yet. The DNS tool on the Directv web site says my address will require waivers and I shouldn't expect them, even though the OTA signal is crap.

Just a few miles away is a "white area" that is fully eligible for all DNS service. Apart from the fact that it be "wrong", would it be possible to initiate my new Directv service with my home as the billing address and a "virtual" service address in the white area to qualify for the DNS feed, and then add local channels when they become available from the Monterey DNS by "moving" the service address to my home address? This way I could at least get the network channels until the locals are available over Directv. Assuming this ploy would work, would I be forced to give up the DNS channels if I "moved" to the Monterey DMA when local channels became available?

Thanks in advance with your inputs on this hypothetical question.

I used to live in Hollister and used my work address in San Jose as my
billing address for D* with my correct phone number.. Got the SF/SJ local channels for over 2 years that way, then I moved..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts