I added 61.5, extended my contract, and was still still charged

zzandrewst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
South Carolina
I just recently added the 61.5 dish to my house. I agreed to have my contract extended by 24 months thinking that I would not be charged for my install. I got my bill and I was charged $59.95 for the install. Is this correct or should I not have been charged for the install since my contract was extended?

In a lot of cases, the charge appears on the bill and is later credited to the account. You should call back and make sure this happens. Sometimes Dish's accting dept lags behind on credits.
True.

I did the exact same thing that you did and my charge was zero. However, I got the commitment upfront that I would not be charged by complaining to the service rep and being transferred to a special dept. My bill was a little messed up for a couple of months. The first month after the upgrade I got no bill and then the next month I got a correct two months bill. This month I was back to the correct one month bill. The installation was perfect and no problems at all.

I traded my owned 811 for a leased 211. The agreement was that since I owned my 811, I would not have to pay the $7.00 monthly charge for an extra receiver. Forever was the agreement, but my bill shows a 7 charge and then a 7 credit every month. Like they intend to discontinue the credit at some point. When they do that, I will send them back the 211.

the charge is correct w/a commitmnt it is $59.95 and w/o a commitmnt if im not mistaken it is $99.95 or $199.95 but ill obtain corrct info bout later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts