I ahve had service for one day and....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cliffordmarc

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 3, 2004
I have had service for one day and....

well my service was setup yesterday and I must say the HD does look better than my cable service provider (Service electric cable). The funny thing is they just added Cinnamax in Hd this morning. So now I really hope Direct TV starts to offer more HD. I am going to miss WB and UPN in HD as well. Yes I watch Start Trek. But over all I do like the Direct tV so far I am very happy with it. The Installers seem to know what they where doing and where nice guys.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
another satisified customer

Good to hear! What part of the country are you in? I have never heard a horror story about D* like I have seen with other providers. The service has always been good to me and my only gripe has been slow to advance. However, the whole reason I switched to D* years ago was because of the NFL Sunday Ticket and last I heard ... that baby is exclusive!

What hardware package do you have? If you did not get a TiVo I would highly recommend getting one soon. It will change the way you watch TV.

cliffordmarc

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 3, 2004
I have a Samsung TS-360 and Three Direct TV boxes model D-10. I live In Bethlehem Pennsylvania. I called a few installers today and was told its impossible to get a signal because we are in a valley.

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
cliffordmarc said:
I have a Samsung TS-360 and Three Direct TV boxes model D-10. I live In Bethlehem Pennsylvania. I called a few installers today and was told its impossible to get a signal because we are in a valley.

Which part of Bethlehem?

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
cliffordmarc said:
Unobstructed view of the southern sky ... bummer, looks like you'll be stuck with cable for a while. Are you selling off any of your equipment?

ChuckW

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 8, 2003
I live in Bethlehem as well and have had some luck getting NBC, CBS, Fox, & WB from Philly with an antenna. The Channel Master 4228 with a good preamp works wonders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)