I am a "new" Directv Sub - woo hoo!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, we had Directv back when they first came out, and switched to dish about 10 or 11 years ago. Got tired of all the fees and such, so I had some time today, went down to my local Directv dealer - he also will order in FTA gear, and has sold me a few Primestar dishes...anyway, went down to him today, qualified as a new sub, signed up, and I walked out with 3 DVRs, 2 18" dishes and a 6x8 Multi Switch :) So, I been hooking her up this afternoon! I love the built in signal strength meter and the audio that goes with it! Took a whole 30 seconds to point each dish - I was really surprised how fast it went - of course I have gotten alot of pratice with my FTA. I decided to run all new cables to my house (dishes are on shed) so 6 cables are pulled and laying in the yard - tomorrow I just need to hook up the cables at my house, ground the switch/entry point and hook up each receiver and activate them. I used my little 5" b & w tv tat I use to set up FTA dishes and I really like the menus on the Directv now. So, now to learn the remotes :)

THANKS! I am glad Directv lets you do your own install :) Seems to work better, as our work skeds are hectic and we have 2 dogs that don't like vistors :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts