I am being told to have att dish network i need to keep a phone line

timbuckone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
my goal is to cancel my home phone service and have att dish network and naked dsl service. I currently have all 3. First i cannot get ahold of anyone at att. every.time i am put on hold for 1.5-2 hrs(thank goodness for speakerphone). I have been doing online chat with customer reps in the internet department and they are telling me in order to be a att dish network customer i need to keep a local phone line. Is this true? I tell them that I have my dish receivers hooked up to my internet network and do not need a phone line. I even threatened to cancel everything and they were willing to do that. Are they clueless. can i just go from att dish network to regular dish network??

I would bail to Dish if possible. I dropped by phone line and got naked DSL 2 months ago. I have since gotten Vonage which does work wish my ViP-722 receiver at least. I also just hooked it up to the internet, wirelessly, so I don't really need the phone line attached, but I use it for the caller ID anyway.

i was just told by dish network that all i have to do is tell att to debundle my att dish network account.The account than is just takin over by dish network. Now if i cann get ahold of someone at att tomorrow morning.

I de-bundled recently. Just so you know, it takes about a month (until the next billing cycle) to take effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)