i am finally in the fta game, sort of (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
after months of trying to deceide what to get, i deceided to take it slow and invest a little at a time. i went with the twinhan g from soudon. got it last week and very fast shipping might i add. got a chance to hook it up this weekend after i got a video card for 50 bucks from compusa day after thanks giving sale.

i only have one dish right now and will invest in a 36 one after the holidays. what i am using is my very old dish 500 with the single lnbs. i scanned 119 straight through and was able to find the preview channel no problem. switched wire so i could scan 110, found preview channel no problem. when i hooked up the switch that came with the twinhan, it will not switch 110 which is on input 2. what i would like to do is have 119, 110, and then a three foot dish with motor to input 3. do you think i have a bad switch or is there something in the settings that i have to do? i am using my theater. i guess once i get the 3 foot dish it won't be such a big deal as the only thing i want dish nertwork for is the charlie and tech chats, don't care about the radio channels or nasa channel and going out to switch cables once a month won't be that big of a deal, but if i can get it to work, i would like too.

another question. from reading your guys past posts, i see system usage is kind of important. on the three channels i can view on dish network the system usage is around 30 - 40 percent. is this normal? if i change graphs, some will put it up to 60 - 70. is there a danger level i should keep my eye on? i am using a low end celeron d 2.9 processor that came with an entry level hp cpu.

i have read in some old posts that you can make graphs to get better performance/picture, however, did not see any link/instructions on how to do this. is this worth doing or would it be a waste of time? if we already have a post with this that i overlooked, could someone post the link.

thanks.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
korsjs

There should be a "DiseQc" option in the menu that allows you to pick which port of the switch to go to

Should be port 1,2,3,4 or a,b,c,d

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
tried that, can't get it to work. i guess no big deal with that, because the motorized dish will be the main dish used, when i get around to getting it.

i also had time last night to run a s video cable from the cpu to the tv. picture quailty was ok, it jumped/had some slow down on it. can some one point me to a resource on this graph making thing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts