Status
Please reply by conversation.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
after months of trying to deceide what to get, i deceided to take it slow and invest a little at a time. i went with the twinhan g from soudon. got it last week and very fast shipping might i add. got a chance to hook it up this weekend after i got a video card for 50 bucks from compusa day after thanks giving sale.

i only have one dish right now and will invest in a 36 one after the holidays. what i am using is my very old dish 500 with the single lnbs. i scanned 119 straight through and was able to find the preview channel no problem. switched wire so i could scan 110, found preview channel no problem. when i hooked up the switch that came with the twinhan, it will not switch 110 which is on input 2. what i would like to do is have 119, 110, and then a three foot dish with motor to input 3. do you think i have a bad switch or is there something in the settings that i have to do? i am using my theater. i guess once i get the 3 foot dish it won't be such a big deal as the only thing i want dish nertwork for is the charlie and tech chats, don't care about the radio channels or nasa channel and going out to switch cables once a month won't be that big of a deal, but if i can get it to work, i would like too.

another question. from reading your guys past posts, i see system usage is kind of important. on the three channels i can view on dish network the system usage is around 30 - 40 percent. is this normal? if i change graphs, some will put it up to 60 - 70. is there a danger level i should keep my eye on? i am using a low end celeron d 2.9 processor that came with an entry level hp cpu.

i have read in some old posts that you can make graphs to get better performance/picture, however, did not see any link/instructions on how to do this. is this worth doing or would it be a waste of time? if we already have a post with this that i overlooked, could someone post the link.

thanks.

korsjs

There should be a "DiseQc" option in the menu that allows you to pick which port of the switch to go to

Should be port 1,2,3,4 or a,b,c,d

tried that, can't get it to work. i guess no big deal with that, because the motorized dish will be the main dish used, when i get around to getting it.

i also had time last night to run a s video cable from the cpu to the tv. picture quailty was ok, it jumped/had some slow down on it. can some one point me to a resource on this graph making thing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts