I am getting a pentec mti 2800A

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
How do these old school polarizer / positioners work? Are they decent devices?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You'll need a Polarotor II Motor, it only has 2 wires ( good luck ) in order to use that 2800A Box.
I had one of those boxes last year to play around with. Couldn't get it to work the 3 Wire Polarotor motors, so off
to the Goodwill Box it went.

Below is a pic of the wiring diagram...NOTE the 2 Wire Polarotor II ( 3,4 connection );

polarotor.jpgSCN_0007a.jpg

Last edited:
I swapped out a few of those polarity motors BITD. Upgraded whole systems to a Toshiba IRD.
Think the servo can be 'gutted' of the electronics and then run the two motor wires out. (Seems I saw this on the net somewhere)

I think the first dish I had used one of those PR2's, I remember building a box with a toggle switch in it and a 9v battery to switch it when the receiver circuit went out, hehe.

Fatair is right. You can rip the guts out of a 3 wire polarizer and make it a two wire one. I have never done that but I have heard that more than once.

When gutting the servo electronics, servo position feedback is no longer active. There will be no reference confirmation for the positioning of the probe. You will just need to more aware of the install position in relation to the counter. Likely will find that when the power is interrupted or removed the two will lose reference and require re-sync.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)