I am getting HR20 - Is it stable now?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HR20 is slowwwwwwwwww
when changing channel, take forever for the picture to show up
and latley when watching recordings, when I fastforward, it rewinds before it starts going forward which messes me up and pisses me off

I have had my hr-20 for a while now and have had nothing but problems with it. Even after the updates I have to restart it 5 times a week.

Go my HR20-100 and been using it like crazy for three weeks without a single problem. Sorry to hear about everyone elses. Are they the 700's or 100's you all are having probelms with?

Go my HR20-100 and been using it like crazy for three weeks without a single problem. Sorry to hear about everyone elses. Are they the 700's or 100's you all are having probelms with?

I have both, the 700 & 100 and they are rather slow, especially when put up against E* HD DVR. I've also noticed both boxes go back before they go forward when asked to FF. The latest 700 upgrade (015C) didn't seem to have any impact on that.

I've had my HR20-700 for 10 months and have never had ...some... of the issues you guys are having.
If you channel changing is too slow for you, turn your "Native " selection to OFF.

I have never had the going backwards when pressing FF either.
Overall, mine has worked VERY well since I got it.

My buddy got his about a month or so ago and has had NO problems either :)

Jimbo

I've had my HR20-700 for 10 months and have never had ...some... of the issues you guys are having.
If you channel changing is too slow for you, turn your "Native " selection to OFF.

I have never had the going backwards when pressing FF either.
Overall, mine has worked VERY well since I got it.

My buddy got his about a month or so ago and has had NO problems either :)

Jimbo

Native only effects changing the channels when you switch from SD channel to HD channel .or HD to SD.These receivers are SLOW changing between SD channels .or any channels.Directv knows of this problem,and has been updating to resolve this problem.HR-20 700 is the model I have .and its hooked up to 25 feet of cable.Well under maximum length.I know 7 other people including 2 HR20-100 models that work slow just like mine.Other then being slow,I have had no problems with it.

According to some of the testers on DBSTALK, the latest CE software release improves the changing time with Native still enabled.

I have Native turned off and just leave my box set to one of the 1080i modes. Stretch seems to work best for me, both for SD and HD stations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts