I am getting some satellites but not all

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
So I can get 61,74(My true south),79,89,91,93,95,97,105. What I want is 72 for the nbc channels and 83 for RTV. My setup is fortec 36 dish, coolsat 5000,moteck 2100. I had the church channel on 72 but I never got nbc mux. I have tried both usals and 1.2 I am afraid to play with the elevation because even though it can be off by 5-7 degrees I do not want to lose any of the channels I currently have.

If it were me, I'd move the dish to 72W and take a receiver and TV out to the dish. There, I'd put the NBC mux tp on the antenna screen, and pull a little on the top of the dish, seeing if I could get a trace of Quality. Then I'd try pushing down a little on the top of the dish.
Don't worry about losing what you have. If you are systematic about it, you can get them all . 72W is very close to your true south. No reason you shouldn't get it.
:)

If it were me, I'd move the dish to 72W and take a receiver and TV out to the dish. There, I'd put the NBC mux tp on the antenna screen, and pull a little on the top of the dish, seeing if I could get a trace of Quality. Then I'd try pushing down a little on the top of the dish.
Don't worry about losing what you have. If you are systematic about it, you can get them all . 72W is very close to your true south. No reason you shouldn't get it.
:)

I know. A few days ago I scanned 72 and 74 ONN came on. So I thought if I scan 70 I would get 72 nbc but no dice. The problem is this fortec dish. I had another dish that I sold and it was a bit smaller(30in) but I was able to get 72-123. But as we all know bigger is better in the fta world. I may just sell this fortec and buy a winegard or hotdish

I know. A few days ago I scanned 72 and 74 ONN came on. So I thought if I scan 70 I would get 72 nbc but no dice. The problem is this fortec dish. I had another dish that I sold and it was a bit smaller(30in) but I was able to get 72-123. But as we all know bigger is better in the fta world. I may just sell this fortec and buy a winegard or hotdish
If you scanned 72 and 74 came in then you need to just bump your dish a few clicks east and scan again. If you are getting all those other sats, then 72 and 83 should come in for you. The church channel is a bit stronger than the NBC mux and if you can get that it's just a minor move to capture the peacock. ;)

As for 83, you may need to manually enter the TP for RTV rather than blind scan. I think there are data TPs there you can use for aiming.

Do as Brent said with a TV at the dish if possible. I am pretty much due north of you - 74 is my true south too - and I can get everything from 72 to 125. Some one of these days I'll try a dish on the other side of the house to see what I can get east of 72.

yeah I need to play with mine a bit too...I'm south of you in NJ and 74 is my south...and I've had issues seeing those muxes on 72.

If I do a scan, 99% of the time I won't see the muxes, but when I do, they are coming in strong. Weird...have not manually put in the transponders though, maybe that'll do it.

I see the rest of the arc fine by the way

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts