I am leaving Dish for good!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

delance7

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
VA
Well guys the time has came for me to say good bye to Dish. I have been with Dish for many years and now I feel like they just don't care about current customers. I have spend my life promoting dish at Sears and to friends. Never have I asked for anything. I will be looking at Directv or Comcast, and soon FIOS. They expect me to pay 800.00 and give them another 24 months of my money. No way will I stand for that. I sent the extra receiver back and still i do not qualify. I wish Dish the best, but if they continue on the path they are going, they are headed for a fall. I will never retunr to Dish, for I am a guy that does not believe in second chances. I have paid Dish thousands of doolars over the years that I have been here, and I have sent them hundreds of customers. And now they tell me to take it or leave, I will leave and never look back. Good equipment is not everything, it is the service that they give. Bad customer service lead to many customer walking away to something that is not better, but have great customer service. I am not leaving Satelliteguys, I am just leaving Dish. Take care my Dish friends, I wish you only the best.
Here is what they expect me to pay....

For 2H/4J, the one time upgrade fee would be $800.
The upgrade will require a new 24 month commitment and credit card to qualify.
DVR fee would be $10 a month ($6 DVR, $4 Whole Home Fee), plus $7 for each additional Hopper/Joey
on the account.

Install would be $15 since you have the protection plan.

$800.00 when gas is going up every week, I don't think so. I will miss the great dvr that Dish have, but sooner or later someone else will come up with something even better.
Scott I have to give it to you, you are the best, and this forum is great. Through the years it has answer all of my questions that I had when it came to Dish equipment. Keep up the Good work Scott.
That is my two cents worth. At this morment I am totally displease with Dish.

Best of luck to you...

I do agree that is an extreme amount.
What package did you sub to? I thought subs could get a Hopper or at least a credit after paying upfront of they subbed to AT200 or Dish Latino Dos.

Did you contact a member of Dirt?

I am not really sold on the hopper mainly to the monthly equipment fees. I think I figured $31 a month for 4 rooms with a hopper and joeys. I know however that the cable company locally would want a lot more just for whole room DVr not to even mention their package prices that increased again.

I don't know if we would fully leave dish. Maybe we would drop to one receiver and the welcome pack. I remember how upsetting it was when dish increased the duo equipment fees when getting rid of the phone line connection credit. I knew $7 for 4 TVs would be too good to be true to last forever. However it was nice when it lasted. I think what is most upsetting is that the equipment is leased.

I got to agree that $800 for leased equipment is a high price to pay so I understand why you must go. :)

No matter where you go remember you still have a home here at SatelliteGuys!

Tampa8 said:
This sounds like a credit issue sorry to say.

Is the extreme price quoted possibly for wanting two hoppers? The only other thing I thought of was not having the minimum of at200 or dish Latino dos.

Otherwise that price is too extreme.

Jesse,

I sent you a PM. Thanks.

Well guys the time has came for me to say good bye to Dish. I have been with Dish for many years and now I feel like they just don't care about current customers. I have spend my life promoting dish at Sears and to friends. Never have I asked for anything. I will be looking at Directv or Comcast, and soon FIOS. They expect me to pay 800.00 and give them another 24 months of my money. No way will I stand for that. I sent the extra receiver back and still i do not qualify. I wish Dish the best, but if they continue on the path they are going, they are headed for a fall. I will never retunr to Dish, for I am a guy that does not believe in second chances. I have paid Dish thousands of doolars over the years that I have been here, and I have sent them hundreds of customers. And now they tell me to take it or leave, I will leave and never look back. Good equipment is not everything, it is the service that they give. Bad customer service lead to many customer walking away to something that is not better, but have great customer service. I am not leaving Satelliteguys, I am just leaving Dish. Take care my Dish friends, I wish you only the best.
Here is what they expect me to pay....

For 2H/4J, the one time upgrade fee would be $800.
The upgrade will require a new 24 month commitment and credit card to qualify.
DVR fee would be $10 a month ($6 DVR, $4 Whole Home Fee), plus $7 for each additional Hopper/Joey
on the account.

Install would be $15 since you have the protection plan.

$800.00 when gas is going up every week, I don't think so. I will miss the great dvr that Dish have, but sooner or later someone else will come up with something even better.
Scott I have to give it to you, you are the best, and this forum is great. Through the years it has answer all of my questions that I had when it came to Dish equipment. Keep up the Good work Scott.
That is my two cents worth. At this morment I am totally displease with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts