Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
I put a thread up in the classified forum, but just wanted to include one in here as well. I am looking to purchase a D* HD receiver, not a HD/Tivo receiver, just a plain HD Receiver in good working condition.

Any of you folks that may be upgrading to the HD/Tivo and looking to get rid of your HD receivers, send me a PM

Thx

You do realize that Directv will require you to purchase a new card and commit to 1 year even on a used receiver right?

Why would that be the case. I have an existing card they have on file. why would I not be able to get just swap the cards from my receiver to a new or used receiver? If my receiver were to go bad, it would be silly to require me to buy a new card and commit to a year of service just b/c I replaced my receiver.

DirecTV's new policy is to have you replace your card, with the exception of technical reasons (such as your receiver going bad). The only chance you have of using your existing card with a different receiver, is if you tell them that you are moving your card to a different receiver because the old receiver is dead. They should let you re-marry the card to the new receiver, but be prepared for them not to.

Al

free hdtv for six months? now I am on a mission to get a hd reciever, so if any of you are interested you can pm me too and I will def. see what you got, I miss my hdtv from switching over from dish, but now maybe I can have my (better) cake and eat it too!

You will definately like Directv's version of an HD receiver. So far I've had it for a week and have had NO problems out of it, knock on wood.

I do like the fact that when powered off it shuts off the fiber optic signal, unlike the 811 I had.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts