I am moving over to the Other Side

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Hello everyone, some of you may have noticed that I have been lurking over here at the Dish network fourms over the last few months, asking questions about Dish Network. I have been intrested in the service but asked many questions and I apreciate all those who took the time to answer. with that I am leaving Directv and moving to Dish on the 24th of this month!! I am excited and looking foward to it! I have had Directv since 2000,and I am not going to bad mouth them. It is a solid service, I was looking for a change and I am not intrested in Sunday ticket anymore, So I am going to give Dish a shot.

Kudos to Claude at DishStore for the great customer service, I spoke to him today and we discussed programming options. With the current promtions, I was going to go America's Everything pack, after talking to him, I saved ten dollars went with the Gold 250 with HD gold.

As far as equipment I am going with the 722 and 612 HD DVR's looking foward to having it connected to a third SD TV!

So with that looking foward to the Talk and hints of Dish Network, I am hopeing it will be a nice relationship with this service. I am going to get a crash course in there DVR's this weekend at my parents house. Are they user friendly for some of the hits the Directv DVRs took, it was real simple to record and set up "series" real fast, is it the same for Dish?

I do have a question though. looking at the Dish website Multisports pack is 5.99, according to the website it includes NHLHD and NBATVHD is this correct? I may add this, if this is true. Also is Big Ten network in HD in the 250 package or is it only thru Mulitpsorts?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, some of you may have noticed that I have been lurking over here at the Dish network fourms over the last few months, asking questions about Dish Network. I have been intrested in the service but asked many questions and I apreciate all those who took the time to answer. with that I am leaving Directv and moving to Dish on the 24th of this month!! I am excited and looking foward to it! I have had Directv since 2000,and I am not going to bad mouth them. It is a solid service, I was looking for a change and I am not intrested in Sunday ticket anymore, So I am going to give Dish a shot.

Kudos to Claude at DishStore for the great customer service, I spoke to him today and we discussed programming options. With the current promtions, I was going to go America's Everything pack, after talking to him, I saved ten dollars went with the Gold 250 with HD gold.

As far as equipment I am going with the 722 and 612 HD DVR's looking foward to having it connected to a third SD TV!

So with that looking foward to the Talk and hints of Dish Network, I am hopeing it will be a nice relationship with this service. I am going to get a crash course in there DVR's this weekend at my parents house. Are they user friendly for some of the hits the Directv DVRs took, it was real simple to record and set up "series" real fast, is it the same for Dish?

I do have a question though. looking at the Dish website Multisports pack is 5.99, according to the website it includes NHLHD and NBATVHD is this correct? I may add this, if this is true

If you ad TurboHD to your package you will get those channels with the Multisports pack.

I just ordered the multisports pack earlier in the week for Baseball, and so far it has been blackout hell. Just something to keep in mind...

If you ad TurboHD to your package you will get those channels with the Multisports pack.

I just ordered the multisports pack earlier in the week for Baseball, and so far it has been blackout hell. Just something to keep in mind...
You cannot watch out of market pro sports. You would need Extra Innings to watch baseball and since Dish does not offer Extra Innings, you cannot watch any out of market baseball.

You cannot watch out of market pro sports. You would need Extra Innings to watch baseball and since Dish does not offer Extra Innings, you cannot watch any out of market baseball.

That is a better answer than Dish Network gave me today. They told me that it is "not always like this" and "some games will be available".

Thanks for the straight up answer that I wish I would have gotten earlier.

That is a better answer than Dish Network gave me today. They told me that it is "not always like this" and "some games will be available".

Thanks for the straight up answer that I wish I would have gotten earlier.
A lot of new subs are confused or mislead (CCRs probably just don't know). If it was easy to get out of market pro sports on a cheaper multisports pack, then nobody would pay hundreds of dollars for Center Ice, League Pass, Extra Innings, ex. This has nothing to do with Dish or any provider, it is the leagues and their market and blackout rules.

Back to the topic. Satjay, I hope everything works out and you are pleased with Dish.

A lot of new subs are confused or mislead (CCRs probably just don't know). If it was easy to get out of market pro sports on a cheaper multisports pack, then nobody would pay hundreds of dollars for Center Ice, League Pass, Extra Innings, ex. This has nothing to do with Dish or any provider, it is the leagues and their market and blackout rules.

Back to the topic. Satjay, I hope everything works out and you are pleased with Dish.

Thanks....quick question. Big Ten Network, is that available in the 250 pack in HD, or do I have to go multisports. And NBAHD and NHLHD, I see that is in Multisports in HD, is this correct?

Thanks....quick question. Big Ten Network, is that available in the 250 pack in HD, or do I have to go multisports. And NBAHD and NHLHD, I see that is in Multisports in HD, is this correct?
I wish I could help you, but I am a Direct sub.

I think the package confusion is a big reason why they have trouble getting new subs. If you notice, their net sub losses starting occurring once they made too many confusing packages.

Looked on the Dish Website at the downloadable program card. I see that Big Ten network is in HD in the 250 package. Just wondering if I decide to add multisports pack will I have NBATV and NHLHD as well or is it a typo on the website

I do have a question though. looking at the Dish website Multisports pack is 5.99, according to the website it includes NHLHD and NBATVHD is this correct? I may add this, if this is true. Also is Big Ten network in HD in the 250 package or is it only thru Mulitpsorts?

If i'm not mistaken, Big Ten Network is in the Multisports package unless they just changed it in the last 3 months.

Ok, I did a online chat on the Dish site, looks like down the road if I want to add NHL and NBA TV in HD, I can get it with Mulitsports

BTN is treated as a regional sports network for Big Ten States. If you check your address with the local channel page, if BTN is listed as an RSN then you don't need the sports package.

BTN is treated as a regional sports network for Big Ten States. If you check your address with the local channel page, if BTN is listed as an RSN then you don't need the sports package.

Thanks, live in Michigan, so I should be good to go

Still no answer as to the NBA and NHL channels being part of the sports package?

satjay is wondering which package he needs in order to get the NBAHD and NHLHD channels? Does the multisports pack include these channels? Are they included in the 250 package?

I also would like to know if NBATV HD is included in the multisports package. I'm down to pay $6 to get it in HD, but screw paying $10 to upgrade to PlatinumHD for 1 channel.

You are a sports fan and you are coming over to Dish Network? Really?

I guess if you hate Baseball and Football then you will be ok.

Dont Hate Baseball and Football, Football is my favorite sport acutally. Just not into paying for sunday ticket at this time. For some reason I have seen myself not watching enough ticket to justify the cost. I do enjoy baseball, but local RSN will fill the need, baseball network seems like a nice channel, but I am ok with local RSN, and ESPN and some cubs games WGN in HD (look I am already sounding like a Dish fan boy....LOL)

With the local feeds and NFL network, I should be ok. I am getting away from the out of market packages of Sunday Ticket. It will be different but I told myself I am going to give it at least a year and see what I think of it. I understand the 24 month commitment, down the road I could always go back. I just felt it was time to try something new. In regards to the NBA and NHL feeds in HD, if from what the online Dish chat customer service person said was true, its not a bad deal under multisports, something I can live without, but for 5.99 something I would do. Since NBATV was in the sports pack tier for Directv, I did not watch it.

Last edited:
The NBA=TV and NHL-TV are in the multi-sports pack and the Platinum HD pack. You have to pay for platinum HD to get the two channels in HD. With the multi sports pack they are only in SD .... which is something that really irritates me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)