I am Newbie to FTA and have a globecast question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RedAce

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Ok so i got a globecast sytem why because i want to see RTR sport Planeta.
This is a russian sports channel that i want. Ok so my Question is some websites tell me that this channel is FTA but on globecast i have to subscirbe to it?????

I have not instaled the dish yet next week i will and i did not subscribe yet to RTR sport because as i mentions some website tell me this channels is FTA so should i not be able to pick it up free??? does globecast have some kind of block on it??

If you go to http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html and scroll down you will see
Planeta sport. Now my instaler told me that this channel does not have Nagravision after it. He said this means that this channel is scrambled,,, but as you can see Planeta sport does not have this (Nagravision) after it so does this mean it is a FTA???

I am confuesd and hope some one can help me out. I had a guy from Canada tell me he has globecast and he picks up Planeta sport free.

Also is there anyway for me to point the dish to get Germany/Swiss/Italian TV???
Can i pick up hotbird6????
I live on Long Island in New York.

OK please any help would be great
thank you

Daniel

Sorry no Hotbirds are viewable from this country (Those are Euro satellites)
If the channel/s you want are on IA-5 then you will ONLY be able to see FTA channels on this satellite (Unless you motorise your dish)

RTR sport Planeta is scrambled so you would HAVE to pay Globecast monthly for this channel/package

Petthank yu for the info. So if i did not have globecast would there be anyway for me to get RTR Plenata sport?? Is globecast the only way for mr to get this channel?? If you can let me know that would help so much. So if i had baught a differnet system then i would be screwed when it comes to getting RTR Sport Planeta??

ThanX for all the help

Daniel

RTR Planeta

DirectV has the Planeta as part of their ala carte' Russian programming. They have a good package for $24.95 a month with four channels. My wife is very happy with them.

MrMylesG

RTR is not FTA for sure. Get Clobecast receiver to subscribe. You can use your existing 30" dish, but receiver required to be Globecast.
I am watching all available FTA channels from IA5, and only russian channels are Russia Today, two religious, and Ucranian UTR.
UTR, probably, will be scarabled someday.
As a joke, I may drop a note to RTR, saying that russian community is North America is growing, blah-blah, but we don't have here any free russian satellite TV that speaks Russian.

Brada thank you for the info So do you get RTR Planeta?? If so how do you like it?? How is the Picture qulaity???
I am on Long Island in New york and a few people told me i should get a good signal. I hope so i love Russian hockey so so much!!!

Do you happen to know is there a spot where i can get info on what games will be on RTR?????

Ok thanks for any help.

Daniel

No, I am not watching RTR.
I am watching FTA.
RTR is not FTA.
I don't want to subscribe.
If you want to subscribe, you need to contact Globecast:
http://www.globecastworldtv.com/ch_planeta_sport.htm

This is a link to program guide:
http://www.rtr-sport.ru/

Cannot say anything about picture quality, because, again, I am not watching it
Must be some forums on RTR web site, you can ask other subscribers from US about picture and reception quality.
Hey, do you understand Russian? If not, I can help by asking on their forum about picture quality in NY. Just let me know...

Last edited:
No i don't not speak or read russian although i don't understand a little.
Yes maybe you can help me i am trying to find out when they will start showing Presaon Turnoment games???? Like Spartak cup Romazan cup and such. Please if you can find out if these will be shown that would be GRAT!!
I love Russian Hockey SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much!!!!!!!!!!11

If you want you can email me directly at
jdhost3703@optonline.net

Thanks Brada!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)