I am not receiving sat's 118 or 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

csmk6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
I am in need of some help! I am not receiving sats 118 or 119 as of today. It was fine yesterday and my dish has not moved to my knowledge. I am however receiving 110 and 129? I called Dish and they can not figure it out so I have to wait for a tech to come out on Thursday from 12-5??? Is there anything at all that I can try to remedy the problem myself? We are talking 5 days with missing channels?? I need some tech help quick!
:mad:

Tried that and still no luck. Did a check switch with Dish also comes back green on 110 and 129 and red on 118 and 119? I guess I will go out and look at my dish but there is really no way it could have moved.

Most likley lmb on 1000+ both 110 and 129 are dp duals

The LNB for the 119/118.7 are quite possibly two separate units that are just housed in the same case because of the proximity of the two signals it picks up. My guess is a tree because the same branch could easily block the 119 and 118.7 since they are so close to each other.

My house is only 4 years old and we have no trees in our back yard. I guess it is possible that wind could have moved it a shade. How would I find the correct point position? Can I do it by zip code? My kids are going nuts with no Disney channel but I am glad I can still receive the HD stuff. Also thank goodness for OTA! I can still watch all my locals. I truly enjoy the PGA in HD WOW! I more than likely will just have to wait for mr. reliable dish tech guy to arrive. I am not holding my breath!

No if you still have the other two satellite locations working it's the dual band 119/118 LNB, the dish has not moved. The LNB has failed, and this would not be the first time I have seen it. They will have to replace the LNB and you will be back up and runing.

Problem solved

Well originally I had an appt. for a tech this Thursday but I got frustrated and took things into my own hands. I contacted a local tech and he came out immediately yesterday and diagnosed and fixed my problem. I had a bad 118/119 LNB which he said he had never seen go bad on a new dish 1000 Superdish. He was going to charge me at cost for the LNB. I called Dish and informed them I did not need the tech on Thursday and cancelled it. I then informed them of the bad LNB and they said they would not pay for it since I got my own tech who keep in mind is an official retailer that was found on their site. So the tech listening to my conversation could sense my frustration decided to just charge me $60 for the visit and took the bad LNB with him and he said he would return it himself. He really went above and beyond to help me out. Dish on the other hand did not please me one bit. I pay the DHPP fee every month so aren't I protected against equipment failure? Can someone comment on this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts