I Am Number Four

DreamWorks

Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
maryland
Did anyone happen to see this movie this weekend? I'm here from DreamWorks Studios, so I'd to hear peoples thoughts & reviews of the film! What did you think of Alex Pettyfer? And how about the action scenes?

Well I was a bit late in seeing this film, but I enjoyed it. It was a bit slow at the start with the high school drama/teenage angst, but it picked up during the last half. It is not a film for everyone, but for the scifi crowd it was not too bad. The film seemed to have a bit of trouble figuring out what type of film it was going to be. There are a lot of questions that are never answered (like why do they have to be killed in order? why do they have to be killed before earth can be invaded? why are there so few invaders? etc).

Many will probably want to wait for the BD to come out to see it. But, if you want to see a movie in the theater it is not bad for a February release.

DreamWorks said:
Did anyone happen to see this movie this weekend? I'm here from DreamWorks Studios, so I'd to hear peoples thoughts & reviews of the film! What did you think of Alex Pettyfer? And how about the action scenes?

It killed me that they didn't bother to explain why the children were being hunted in order. Not to mention all the other liberties they took from the book, but that lack of explanation was the biggest problem I had. As an adaptation, the movie was fine, but I think the book as a whole offered a better explanation. It'd be interesting to see what was shot but left on the cutting room floor.

mike123abc said:
Well I was a bit late in seeing this film, but I enjoyed it. It was a bit slow at the start with the high school drama/teenage angst, but it picked up during the last half. It is not a film for everyone, but for the scifi crowd it was not too bad. The film seemed to have a bit of trouble figuring out what type of film it was going to be. There are a lot of questions that are never answered (like why do they have to be killed in order? why do they have to be killed before earth can be invaded? why are there so few invaders? etc).

Many will probably want to wait for the BD to come out to see it. But, if you want to see a movie in the theater it is not bad for a February release.

Mike, PM me if you'd like an explanation on the numerical order killing. It might be considered spoilery so I will not just post it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)