This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

I am on DROID now with a Sprint EVO

:clap:clap

Glad to see you got it all straightened out :up

So does the droid. I just mis-spoke.

:haha

i agree. verizon has another commercial calling an HTC phone a Droid. Thats what most are calling these phones now.

glad you got it down scott. guess i'll be trying out unrevoked 3 as well since for the first time ever i've been a little scared to mess with a phone.

UnrEVOoked 3 was simple, just plug in the phone, click go and watch it do it's thing. It was all automatic.

Now that I have rooted though not sure where to go from here or what else to load as I said I was trying to get wireless tethering working.

i agree. verizon has another commercial calling an HTC phone a Droid. Thats what most are calling these phones now.

Rey, there are phones by HTC that have Droid for their real name (Droid Incredible). It was a pretty smart move by Verizon to have many of their phones labeled Droid as they can just run a general Droid ad campaign and advertise the majority of their Android phones.

true

SetCPU? Faster kernels?

Rom Manager?

Titanium Backup -- best way ro create backups of all of your apps AND data.

(Assuming those run on the EVO);

There are several wireless tether programs on the market; try a different one. I have not been a big fan of wirelessly tethering; have not found it particularly stable; but I use USB tether via PDANet and it works great.

Rocky, I know this does not address scotts problem, but the wireless tether that is built into BB V0.5 has been extremely stable for me.

Scott, there are many apps that you can only load with root access.
Might want to check out droidforums.net. Plenty of info on roms and such. Might find something for the EVO there.

I actually haven't tried it since the upgrade to BB.5. BUT BB.5 itself has been remarkably stable.

I can not reiterate enough how valuable Titanium Backup is. Particularly if you are going to live in the world of custom roms.

I actually haven't tried it since the upgrade to BB.5. BUT BB.5 itself has been remarkably stable.

I can not reiterate enough how valuable Titanium Backup is. Particularly if you are going to live in the world of custom roms.

Yeah, pleased with this new ROM.
Is it better than My Backup Pro? That is what I have used.

Fascinate