I am only picking up on Iran networks on G10r what am I doing wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chipoole

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Coolsat Pro
30"hotdish
.3 db lnbf

I am still trying to get the channels I want. I set my sat pointed at my truesouth amc5 and am getting 70%Q. I go over to the west and try to hook up with G10r and lock on only one of the TPS. I scan and get all Iran stuff.

The sats I am trying to reach are.
amc5
amc4
g10r
amc3

I simply want to pick up on news, education, and networks, however how can I figure out what tps to use when fine tuning my dish. Whats the best tp for g10r if I wanted to pick up some networks?

Thanks
Charles Poole

Thanks for the Help, however no luck.

I am hitting a few sats and have found plenty of channels however amc4,amc3,and g10r elude me. Am I just no hitting the arc? Do you think my 30" hotdish could be the problem?

With the Hotdish I would make sure the dish reflector has not been over tightened to the mount, loosen the four bolts and then just hand tighten them then half a turn with a wrench.

Also try flexing the dish slightly while watching the signal QUALITY, after any adjustment re-peak the signal on the satellite.

Also make sure the LNB is as far away from the dish reflector as it will go in its holder.

Other than that, make sure all your angles are right, the mast is level taking into account the weight of the dish and motor!

Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try. If that does the trick I will post the update.

Regards
Charles Poole

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)