I am seeing more super narrowband HD feeds on the birds, can we do it for Ham TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
As you know, we have been seeing more 8PSK DVB-S2 HD MPEG-4 news feeds on the bird, and make me wondering can we use it for Ham Radio TV?:hungry:

I was thinking using video formats at SD 480i with 8PSK DVB-S2 MPEG-4 digital mode "It should replace it with T-2" and use it on lower ham radio freqs, band lows as 6-meter band "50 to 54 MHz at narrowband 50 KHz bandwith!:up

I think it's would be fun sending digital videos, on E's skip skips condutions!:D

Let me know what you think of this ideas.:cool:

If you had access to a DVB s2 / MPEG 4 encoder and transmitter, and where good at writing out your thoughts you should have no problem getting an STA permit from the fcc.

This is exactly the reason the ham service exists. Learning new things and self amusement.

50khz bandwidth would be amazingly copressed to thepoint of unwatchable I bet. Take a h264 clip and transcode it down to 45 kilobit. You'll need to transcode it less I bet maybe even 30kilobit because you'll want a good fec like 2/3 or even better. I've never encoded anything that low with h264 but I bet it would be blockier then Lego world.

Most encoders output in the Lband some have a 70mhz out though I beleive. Use either into a mixer then and amp and see what happens. Make sure your bpf are wide enough obviously.

As you know, we have been seeing more 8PSK DVB-S2 HD MPEG-4 news feeds on the bird, and make me wondering can we use it for Ham Radio TV?:hungry:

I was thinking using video formats at SD 480i with 8PSK DVB-S2 MPEG-4 digital mode "It should replace it with T-2" and use it on lower ham radio freqs, band lows as 6-meter band "50 to 54 MHz at narrowband 50 KHz bandwith!:up

I think it's would be fun sending digital videos, on E's skip skips condutions!:D

Let me know what you think of this ideas.:cool:
I remembered someone posting a you-tube Video on Ham TV. I went and looked it up.

Duh! It was you. I did enjoy the post. I never did get into ATV, I still trying to get set up on the low bands. I’m five years in the new HOA house, and still have not stuffed my attic with antennas.
Mike Lib

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/188124-ham-tv-experment-going-digital-qpsk.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)