I am selling my house and moving into apartment.......what to do?

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
I have two dishes, one for locals in HD, and the other one for the rest of DISH programming. I have been a customer for 3 years at this location and 1.5 years in my previous house. I have the 622 and the 612. AT200 with HD for life.

Do I just call and schedule a tech to install at my new apartment? Do I bring the receivers? I am pretty sure I don't bring the Dishes.

Thanks for the help,

pfan

You need to find out if the property owner of the apartment house will allow dishes on the roof or your private deck. You may not be able to have satellite service at all....

Call dish and ask for a dish movers when you get to new place. Take the receivers and the remotes they bring a new dish.

I think that you will get a1000.4 for Green Bay and not need the 2nd dish anymore.

I'm a Wisconsin local as well with two dishes. I have the 119/129/110 on one and the 61.5 on another. The 61.5 has Madison, Milwaukee and Green Bay HD locals, so that's most if not all of the state HD.

Can the 1000.4 consolidate this to 1 dish or were you assuming channels were placed differently?

Thanks in advance as my wife would love to cut down to one.

I'm a Wisconsin local as well with two dishes. I have the 119/129/110 on one and the 61.5 on another. The 61.5 has Madison, Milwaukee and Green Bay HD locals, so that's most if not all of the state HD.

Can the 1000.4 consolidate this to 1 dish or were you assuming channels were placed differently?
Yes, as long as all your recievers are MPEG 4 (211, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922)

Wrong

Thanks to you both. I chatted with a CSR and explained everything I mentioned above. They told me there is no way to get my HD locals too with just one dish. Is there a term I don't know or anything that might help me?

Thanks again.

Sounds like you got an ID 10 T CSR. There are a lot of those. Try the chat and maybe you can find someone that knows what they are talking about. We here for sure know more about it than most of them.

Sounds like you got an ID 10 T CSR. There are a lot of those. Try the chat and maybe you can find someone that knows what they are talking about. We here for sure know more about it than most of them.

So I got another very friendly CSR but at first got the same line. Apparently the block was that they didn't want me to have to miss out on my SD locals, which are on 110. I guess that makes sense because I have a 722 and that makes the SD versions valuable.

Now that he agrees with me, I've been transferred. We'll see how this goes.

who cares about the SD

So I got another very friendly CSR but at first got the same line. Apparently the block was that they didn't want me to have to miss out on my SD locals, which are on 110. I guess that makes sense because I have a 722 and that makes the SD versions valuable.

Now that he agrees with me, I've been transferred. We'll see how this goes.

My feeling is if I have the HD why would I give a sh** about the SD. Unless there are some that aren't in HD. Just get the 1004 & have a wing dish for 110 added to it if the SD's are important to you.

My feeling is if I have the HD why would I give a sh** about the SD. Unless there are some that aren't in HD. Just get the 1004 & have a wing dish for 110 added to it if the SD's are important to you.

The wing dish is what I'm trying to get rid of now. I agree about the HD, I think that was the CSR's thinking and why they were making it hard for me.

Apparently the block was that they didn't want me to have to miss out on my SD locals, which are on 110. I guess that makes sense because I have a 722 and that makes the SD versions valuable.
That still doesn't make sense. If you have a 722 and only a 722, then you are a strong candidate for an Eastern Arc (single) dish. In general (I didn't double-check) the HD locals are not duplicated on EA in SD as well, because all receivers on EA are capable of decoding HD as well as SD. Where SD locals exist without an HD counterpart (because Dish doesn't carry them yet), then Dish puts up mpeg-4 SD locals. So you aren't missing out on any channels, just the SD duplicates of HD locals.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance as my wife would love to cut down to one.

Which market are you in?
Madison locals are ALL on 61.5. The Big 4 are in HD and PBS & CW are in SD
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network ALL

edit: now that I look at the map I linked to, all 3 markets are on EA so the rep is confused. All 3 markets are on Eastern Arc. The big 4 are in HD and the rest are in MPEG4 SD

That still doesn't make sense. If you have a 722 and only a 722, then you are a strong candidate for an Eastern Arc (single) dish. In general (I didn't double-check) the HD locals are not duplicated on EA in SD as well, because all receivers on EA are capable of decoding HD as well as SD. Where SD locals exist without an HD counterpart (because Dish doesn't carry them yet), then Dish puts up mpeg-4 SD locals. So you aren't missing out on any channels, just the SD duplicates of HD locals.

Well, then I guess they have no excuse. Once the first CSR understood I didn't care about the SD locals she transferred me to another dept. to make it happen. I had to go through everything again with that person and now, apparently, the system won't let her even think about a single dish setup because I can't get all of my programming that way.

What a waste of time.

CEO

Well, then I guess they have no excuse. Once the first CSR understood I didn't care about the SD locals she transferred me to another dept. to make it happen. I had to go through everything again with that person and now, apparently, the system won't let her even think about a single dish setup because I can't get all of my programming that way.

What a waste of time.

It's contact ceo@ echostar.com time. Also try to talk to another person and get their supervisor if necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts