I am sick of DISH!!!

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
I have been with Dish since 2001. Today I went to see what movies are on Cinemax & their gone. I had the penny deal till Sept of 2010. I found the bill online where they show they took the penny plus per CSR I had it till then. Well I called and they said the penny deal is gone I explained to them and showed them that I should still have it. They said I am not in the autopay no more. When I called monday to update my phone# the last CSR changed my passcode & changed my autopay I know that for a fact because I did not chage it they did. NOW I CAN NOT GET MY CINEMAX DEAL back. My account has always been on Autopay for 5yrs mostly for convinence. On my 2 yr commitment I have till May of 2010. I cancelled my HBO, Showtime, Starz and all premium packages I had on top of Absolute. I am one pissed off customer in this economy this company likes to screw with its customers is rediculous. But who cares I am 1 customer out of millions they have soo why would they make me happy when they have others to screw also.

The kicker is they Kept my penny and will not refund it

I went as High as supposedly a manager that the lady transfered me too. WHo told me sorry we can not get it back computers will not allow me too. I asked how much would it cost me to cancel my account and he said he was not sure put me on hold & DISCONNECTED ME. I called back and all I get is a busy signal. If it was not for the absolute that I have now I would be gone. the min they force me off absolute is the day I try and think of new options. They have changed my passcode 3 times in the last year I use the same code everytime because I use it for my cell phones and other services. Keeps the wife from makin a mistake and changin stuff with out me knowin first.

I did not know you could get the penny deal with the Absolute package. The Absolute package is a money losing package, usually you only get one money losing (promo) deal, not two together. You said you just cancelled all the premium movie packages, maybe that was why they also took away the penny deal.

Don't know if you read the whole thing I wrote, But I had the penny deal till 2010.... sooo they took me off autopay so I would not get the penny deal no more.:up

People just need to be careful with dish looks like dish likes to change peoples info around to dish's advantage.

Yes, I did read the whole thing. You were not continued till next year because the deal is dead. Read the thread I included above.

I had the penny promo deal also (and absolute)and just a couple of months ago a csr gave me another year for a penny.
yesterday I got a letter from Dish saying that at the end of my next billing period, the cinemax deal would be automatically canceled.

It really doesn't bother me and I wont miss it. I hardly ever watched it anyways.
I still like dish much more than direct.

Yes, I did read the whole thing. You were not continued till next year because the deal is dead. Read the thread I included above.

You can get it till next year if you paid sometime this year for it. so if I paid in Sept for 1 yr penny deal then it would be good till sept 2010. Thats 1 year last time I checked. Plus per CSR he even said it was good till spet of 2010.

I did not know you could get the penny deal with the Absolute package. The Absolute package is a money losing package, usually you only get one money losing (promo) deal, not two together. You said you just cancelled all the premium movie packages, maybe that was why they also took away the penny deal.

No I cancelled my premiums today when I found out that cinemax and autopay was no longer on my account. I was payin close to $100 DOLLARS A MONTH WITH DISH. Now I will look to take my $60 dollars some where else, I will be only paying about $36 with absolute only.

I had the penny promo deal also (and absolute)and just a couple of months ago a csr gave me another year for a penny.
yesterday I got a letter from Dish saying that at the end of my next billing period, the cinemax deal would be automatically canceled.

It really doesn't bother me and I wont miss it. I hardly ever watched it anyways.
I still like dish much more than direct.

It's the principal of the matter if they said 1 yr penny deal and they cut you short of ur penny deal they have no consequences. If I cancel early then I do. I understand the contract states blah blah blah they can do what ever they want.

I feel the same way... when absolute is gone, send me the boxes for the receiver. Paying that much for TV is just not worth it to me. The Cinemax deal is a good bonus, but I'm not going to care too much, since we have Netflix and other options. But I will change my options to no autopay and paper billing. I'll go on my bank account and setup a free auto pay to send them a check every month. No point in letting Dish have the power of taking my money if I don't get a bonus back.

You don't get it

The cinemax deal ends at the end of the year period. All of us that had it lose it at the end of the year. Autopay has to be re-added due to it being tied to the cinemax for a penny deal. They aren't doing anything to you different than they have had to do to everyone else when cinemax pulled the deal from them. They can't extend something to any of us if the company that was allowing it stops the promo. So bitch all you want to the deal is over that is all there is to it. Dropping the other premiums is only going to reduce the value of the service to you since the pricing for them is changing as well. Now head over to D* and see what deal they will give you. Bet it will be cheaper for 3 to 6 months and then go up outrageously. Promotions end and that is a fact period.

The cinemax deal ends at the end of the year period. All of us that had it lose it at the end of the year. Autopay has to be re-added due to it being tied to the cinemax for a penny deal. They aren't doing anything to you different than they have had to do to everyone else when cinemax pulled the deal from them. They can't extend something to any of us if the company that was allowing it stops the promo. So bitch all you want to the deal is over that is all there is to it. Dropping the other premiums is only going to reduce the value of the service to you since the pricing for them is changing as well. Now head over to D* and see what deal they will give you. Bet it will be cheaper for 3 to 6 months and then go up outrageously. Promotions end and that is a fact period.

I'm still not buying the fact that Dish is saying someone else pulled the promo. Why would Cinemax give away their channels for Dish to gain money on not printing bills and cashing checks. Cinemax had almost nothing to gain on this. Here's my take on it... Dish gives the deal since their billing department is getting blown out. Instead of expanding they come up with this idea to cut the bills and checks down. Lots of people sign up..it works. So Dish lets people sit for a bit and enjoy it. Dish needed a bit more money so they thought about this penny deal. "No one will change their billing options...maybe a few will, but not much to make a difference. We will stop taking the hit on free cinemax, but we will also get some folks that keep Cinemax. It's a win win for us! Awesome idea! Here's your bonus for the idea." "Wait..what do we tell the customers?" "Tell them Cinemax pulled it!" "YES!"

Sorry, I'm not buying the finger pointing you are selling.

I have been on this forum alot and for a few years. I hardly bitch about dish and stick up for em at times, But this one time where I did not change my account and a csr changed it without my knowledge just made me MAD. The only good thing about dish is absolute. when that ends, I wanna see what happens. I have netflix also & love it.

Doesn't matter

I'm still not buying the fact that Dish is saying someone else pulled the promo. Why would Cinemax give away their channels for Dish to gain money on not printing bills and cashing checks. Cinemax had almost nothing to gain on this. Here's my take on it... Dish gives the deal since their billing department is getting blown out. Instead of expanding they come up with this idea to cut the bills and checks down. Lots of people sign up..it works. So Dish lets people sit for a bit and enjoy it. Dish needed a bit more money so they thought about this penny deal. "No one will change their billing options...maybe a few will, but not much to make a difference. We will stop taking the hit on free cinemax, but we will also get some folks that keep Cinemax. It's a win win for us! Awesome idea! Here's your bonus for the idea." "Wait..what do we tell the customers?" "Tell them Cinemax pulled it!" "YES!"

It doesn't matter who pulled the deal it is just going away and not much if anything is going to change it. We got a nearly free service for a long time now it's going away. I will drop max when I'm told it will cost me full price. I watched it probably less that 6 times per year.

If your theory is correct, then DISH must have been losing money on this deal, agreed? If they decided they did not want to continue to lose money on this one, I don't see anything wrong with that. At least a lot of DISH subs had it for free for a long time. Subs from other companies never even had such deal.

Maybe DISH thought before this deal was important because people were moving to other providers, now they had just gained 240k net new subs, maybe they have the confidence that they no longer need such deal to retain subs or attract new subs.

I have always said, if you want the best deal, look for the one that performs the worst:) Let's hope DISH go back to losing subs, then you might see good deals again:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)