I am sick of DISH!!!

If y'all think Cinemax was behind it....please explain what they had to gain by having Dish subs be on automated billing and paperless?

And just to be fair... I didn't really watch Cinemax much anyways, so no big deal to me. Just not buying the idea that Cinemax pulled it at this point.

Rumor was that Cinemax was upset with Dish and the offer because it devalued their brand by associating its worth as a penny.

One does have to wonder how much Cinemax actually costs Dish if they can give it away for probably a dollar a month in billing costs. It is probably some formula based on the amount Dish charges as to what Cinemax charges with a minimum amount -- like the higher of a base cost or a % of the amount charged.

If y'all think Cinemax was behind it....please explain what they had to gain by having Dish subs be on automated billing and paperless?

And just to be fair... I didn't really watch Cinemax much anyways, so no big deal to me. Just not buying the idea that Cinemax pulled it at this point.

I dont either. Yet.

First off, any promo deal has to be based on an agreement with the parties involved. No one can unilaterally come up with a deal. Therefore at a minimum this deal had to have Cinemax's ok.

Second, Charlie is a hard bargainer, it is not unusual for him to muscle out some incredible deals from the content owners.

Third, any promo deal will mean less revenue to the parties, shared in one way or another. Those shared losses will have to be justified in some other ways. For example, the premium movie content owners like HBO and SHO will be happily not making any money on those new subs for three months, if DISH and DirecTV also are willing to share some of the loss, all with the expectation that after three months, at least a percentage of the subs will continue to sub to the channels and pay the full prices, and therefore off set the loss from all the new subs for the first three months.

Last but not the least, the parties can figure out other innovative ways to offset such losses. An example is the autopay plan, because with the autoplay plan, you have less of issue of late payment or payment dispute, because people do not see the details only the charges on the credit card bills, which are charged automatically on the due date, no late payment or non-payment. More on-time payments and less customer payment disputes mean more profit, which can be assessed to offset the loss of revenue from a special promo deal.

I am not saying the above is exactly what is happening, just to show how things are connected. Not rocket science really.

Of all the movie packages that this could have been offered on, it was done with Cinemax. Why? Because it is the most overpriced movie package out there (the least popular).

Anyone who gets programming for such silly low prices and when the deal ends throws such a fit, is probably on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I suggest you re-examine the things in life that really matter. If my opinion about this really makes your blood boil, then go see if you can get some professional counseling for 1 cent. Heck, even your preacher will want you to give 10% of your income for his advice.

Note- I usually ignore threads like this but this one really made me just shake my head.

Is there not language in the Cinemax Penney for a Year promo that gives Dish the right to cancel the promo at anytime? Regardless, you have been getting Cinemax virtually for free the last few months, and now the promo ends. You are not out any real $$ that I can think of (oh, yeah. You are out the penny, I guess). You have the option of subscribing to Cinemax at the regular or bundled price, or removing Cinemax from your package. How is this a loss or damage to you? That would be the legal standard, along with any fine print Dish has regarding its option to cancel the promo any time it chooses. Sorry. But you really don't have a case.

This thread shows just how absolutely cheap and petty some people are.
Your contract clearly states that Dish has the right to change (drop/add) programming at any time at their discretion.

I have 3 DISH accounts ; Mine, parents, aunt. I have Cinemax for a penny on all three. This last week I got an email saying my Cinemax deal was up and would be turned off the next day. Now I couldn't tell which account the email was about but the next day Cinemax was turned off on my account. It is still on my Aunts and my parents account in my name. So I guess the deal is their accounts are still good for now.

When it comes down to it none of the premiums are worth what we are paying for them, yet every 2-3 years they want more money and on average not showing us anything different.

Anyone who gets programming for such silly low prices and when the deal ends throws such a fit, is probably on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I suggest you re-examine the things in life that really matter. If my opinion about this really makes your blood boil, then go see if you can get some professional counseling for 1 cent. Heck, even your preacher will want you to give 10% of your income for his advice.

Note- I usually ignore threads like this but this one really made me just shake my head.

Did you ACTUALLY READ his post? He's not saying that he's mad because the deal got cancelled, he's saying that he got dropped off of it prematurely because a CSR somehow managed to cancel his auto-pay, and since the deal is no longer available they can't put him back on for what is rightfully his! I'd be mad too! Dish's CSR incompetence is legendary. Dish's billing software inflexibility is also legendary. (Shut off your SD locals in order to create a work order for a wing dish for HD locals, for example. Or require you to have a phone line hooked to your dual receiver even if it's your only receiver. Or saying you're going to drop that requirement, yet still penalizing people according to multiple reports here.)

When it comes down to it none of the premiums are worth what we are paying for them, yet every 2-3 years they want more money and on average not showing us anything different.

Need to check out the information about the movies when you see Premiere that means they have not showed that movie before.Normally on HBO and Starz they show Premieres around 6 PM Saturday nights.The other movie services Premiere popup at anytime.Which is the best? I have them all!.;)

Did you ACTUALLY READ his post? He's not saying that he's mad because the deal got cancelled, he's saying that he got dropped off of it prematurely because a CSR somehow managed to cancel his auto-pay, and since the deal is no longer available they can't put him back on for what is rightfully his! I'd be mad too! Dish's CSR incompetence is legendary. Dish's billing software inflexibility is also legendary. (Shut off your SD locals in order to create a work order for a wing dish for HD locals, for example. Or require you to have a phone line hooked to your dual receiver even if it's your only receiver. Or saying you're going to drop that requirement, yet still penalizing people according to multiple reports here.)

Exactly this is what I am sayin, I understand programming changes, and I understand this promo has ended. What I am upset is that a dish CSR dropped my autopay when I called to update my credit card since it expired this month. I lost something that I had and paid for and promised it would be for a year, I have been a perfect customer for them for years. On top of it all someone changed my passcode when you call dish. I have had the same passcode since 2001. I had to give my SS# all over again to update the same passcode I have had for years. There are some really stupid people in here who have no clue, who think therapy is the answer to everything in life or think they have to roll there eyes all the time like there gods gift to lifes answers, and there perfect spelling.

Exactly this is what I am sayin, I understand programming changes, and I understand this promo has ended. What I am upset is that a dish CSR dropped my autopay when I called to update my credit card since it expired this month. I lost something that I had and paid for and promised it would be for a year, I have been a perfect customer for them for years. On top of it all someone changed my passcode when you call dish. I have had the same passcode since 2001. I had to give my SS# all over again to update the same passcode I have had for years. There are some really stupid people in here who have no clue, who think therapy is the answer to everything in life or think they have to roll there eyes all the time like there gods gift to lifes answers, and there perfect spelling.

In your initial post you said you called to update your phone #, now you are saying you called to update your CC #. There seems to be more than you are telling us. It smells to me your old CC did not go through, if so then that maybe why the autopay was cancelled.

In your initial post you said you called to update your phone #, now you are saying you called to update your CC #. There seems to be more than you are telling us. It smells to me your old CC did not go through, if so then that maybe why the auto pay was canceled.

Let me be clear here I called to Update my phone # Credit Card and billing Address all on the same day. If I had auto pay and my credit card did not go through the same credit card that has NO LIMIT on it, that I have had on dishes account for years all I did was update the expiration date how can they take me off auto pay? They guy did tell me it went through cause I saw the $1 dish charge to see if it is a good card. So it was nothing on my end I did.

As of today I got my cinemax back with the autopay penny deal, they did verify they screwed up not me. So I guess I am there top customer.

Let me be clear here I called to Update my phone # Credit Card and billing Address all on the same day. If I had auto pay and my credit card did not go through the same credit card that has NO LIMIT on it, that I have had on dishes account for years all I did was update the expiration date how can they take me off auto pay? They guy did tell me it went through cause I saw the $1 dish charge to see if it is a good card. So it was nothing on my end I did.

As of today I got my cinemax back with the autopay penny deal, they did verify they screwed up not me. So I guess I am there top customer.

Now that you gave us more information, it appears the CC was changed, that was why they did the $1 charge for a new card. If it was simply an old card expired, the autopay should have still worked on that account since the account did not change.

But if the CC account changes, it usually triggers the cancellation of the existing autopay plan, I say so because that was what happened to my DirecTV autopay plan, when I lost my card, I had to order a new card and update my CC account # with DirectTV, they had to drop the autopay and reinstate a new autopay.

BTW, DirecTV had twice extended my contract by 12 months each time I had my bad receiver exchanged for a good one. When they shipped me the replacements they automatically assumed I ordered those new hardware which triggered the additional commitment periods, even though I pay for the service plan just to cover such occasions. It took me several calls each time needed management "escalation" to correct the mistake.

I can tell you I am a good DirecTV sub, I single handedly helped no less than 50 members at Satguys signing on with DirecTV after I discovered a very good promo deal. But I never thought I deserved to be treated differently. What crap happened to the others could easily happen to me.

In any event I am glad it worked out for you.

The promotion ended awhile ago, but it was still in their list of programming so CSRs kept adding it for people. Customers were calling up and threatening to cancel if they didn't get it last I heard (as with everything else, people need a new trick). Cinemax extended the offer to DISH to account for most of those people but wanted it to stop.

It sounds like the OP called in after the expiration date and now life's unfair. This also makes CSRs idiots for the most part, but we knew that already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)