I am switching to Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
for a pole and bury that far, its approx right. usually the bury charge doesnt include the first 20 ft, so he is probably a subcontractor. make sure he changes out the wall barrel connectors before he leaves, if they are white/grey/clear they are much more prone to failure!

Reactions: gpollock87
for a pole and bury that far, its approx right. usually the bury charge doesnt include the first 20 ft, so he is probably a subcontractor. make sure he changes out the wall barrel connectors before he leaves, if they are white/grey/clear they are much more prone to failure!
that myth has been busted many, many times!

that myth has been busted many, many times!
Really, care to explain ?

I was told years ago that the Blue were the ones that worked with the current stuff ... just presumed that the blue was the way to go.

Can't really understand why because it's just a barrel ... but I've been using blue since then and I don't know that you can buy the others anymore.

Really, care to explain ?
Sure. Directv has been saying for the longest that the clear barrels don't pass sat frequencies, but those in the know with the right equipment and tools had performed various test and found out there is really no difference between the clear and blue insert F-81 connectors

Yes, there's no difference. I think it's just a question of making sure new installations use a consistent set of hardware.

The primary difference is the high frequency ones have more contact with the coax center conductor than the white/gray ones. No difference in frequency pass through however.

Sure. Directv has been saying for the longest that the clear barrels don't pass sat frequencies, but those in the know with the right equipment and tools had performed various test and found out there is really no difference between the clear and blue insert F-81 connectors
These companies, (probably more than just D*) that are using the Blue ones, probably have a deal with the vendor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)