I am tired of waiting... I have a "moving" question

And...

be sure the signal reading on tp 11 changes to "spotbeam" designation and the bottom left of the screen says Locked 129 West, not Locked Name Not Acquired.

Always the transponder number, in this case T11 on 129W. Adjoining spotbeam areas use different transponder numbers so potential interference is reduced. Thus if you get a good signal strength on 11, you should be good to go for Tri Cities.

ok, so i just checked and my signal on 129 TP 11 was a 37, is that good enough???

after it locks in to the signal at 37 the word 'transponder' changes to 'spotbeam' so do i somehow need to check spotbeam 31 on the 11 transponder? after it changed to 'spotbeam' i tried to change to 31 and it went back to 'transponder'... i dunno...

two more questions:

If I move today, and it doesnt work, can I move back immediately? Would they ever ask for a reason? I just dont know how I would explain that?

Also, how do I come up with an address for that market?

ok, so i just checked and my signal on 129 TP 11 was a 37, is that good enough???

It should be but you might lose lock with rain or snow or other atmospherics.

after it locks in to the signal at 37 the word 'transponder' changes to 'spotbeam' so do i somehow need to check spotbeam 31 on the 11 transponder? after it changed to 'spotbeam' i tried to change to 31 and it went back to 'transponder'... i dunno...

A spotbeam is just a sat transmission that covers a particular, more confined, geographic area. DBS broadcasting uses certain transponder numbers for spotbeams (in the case of Ciel 2 129W it is the lower numbers) and a different set of transponder numbers for ConUS (continental US) beams (upper T numbers for Ciel 2 129W). T31 is a ConUS beam transponder. SB numbers are not related at all to transponder numbers. They could be labeled as A, B, etc. It doesn't matter.

two more questions:

If I move today, and it doesnt work, can I move back immediately? Would they ever ask for a reason? I just dont know how I would explain that?

Yes, usually you can change back. Just do a chat. They seldom care or ask anything. Of course for you they'll be waiting. :)

Also, how do I come up with an address for that market?

Find a commercial address like a gas station or theater and add an apartment number is what most do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts