I Bit The Bullet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
Finally bit the bullet and bought the Pansat 9200HD. Already having a 3500S, the learning curve was small. The only thing I had to figure out was the -S2 part.

Already have run into an issue and see that it's an old one. Some feeds just will not scan in. For instance The CW MUX @ G-17W. The 9200 finds the transponder but will not scan anything in. It searches the transponder but zip on the Mux. Manual entry is the only way that I can get The CW in.

Software version loaded on the box is the latest from Pansat 1226. I guess this fixed a PVR issue. Where can I find the previous versions of software for the 9200HD. I would like to try them and see it anything changes.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the unit.

Thanks

JAS

Thanks. But not all. My 3500s scans them in just fine. It might have hacker ware on it. I bought it at a yard sale several mos back. It has worked just fine so I never checked to see what was on it. Now I'm curious and going to check.

I like my Pansat 3500, and would have bought the 9200HD already, but I am waiting, hoping for a HD receiver that will do blind scan and 4:2:2 also...
Nice to know that the 9200 HD is easy to use for those who are used to the 3500...

The 9200 uses the same menu interface as the other Pansats so for a Pansat owner its "plug and play" :)

I was sadly mistaken and my apologies for my error. The 3500 will not scan them in. I don't remember how I put them.

It's hell to get old. But I haven't forgot where I live.

Yet!

JAS

After Thoughts

Thinking about this for awhile. I said to Myself "Self you remind me of Ice's mentor and best friend Techfizzle :D. You are the new guy trying to tell the old timers how things work."

Ice please don't ban me. I know he's not your best friend :up:rant:.

JAS

Thinking about this for awhile. I said to Myself "Self you remind me of Ice's mentor and best friend Techfizzle :D. You are the new guy trying to tell the old timers how things work."
no you didn't. Arguing with someone saying "yes it will" and have some rant is arguing ;)

Ice please don't ban me.

why would I do that? You didnt break any rules ;)

I understood it :)

glad you got CW programmed in...as for the other question (previous software) lemme see if I can find the threads with it...I remember 1215 & 1216 were the "big" upgrades. Maybe a seacrh here for those. I know one of them enabled the PVR (the older models didnt) so be warned on that

found some versions and put them in one file

...as with all software you take the chance (as in I'm not liable...you do this on your own) :)

edit: whoops forgot the attachment...and had to make it 2 files

Attachments

• 9200.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 82
  • 9200 II.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
found some versions and put them in one file

...as with all software you take the chance (as in I'm not liable...you do this on your own) :)

Got them . Thanks. I hold no one responsible for my fups but me. Except if my wife is around. Then I try to blame her. Never workers, but I try:D.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts