I broke my timetrax!@**)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ps400

Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
I need some help. After chasing a trojan fix and reinstalling Windows XP - my time trax won't work anay more*^#(_$*^.

I get error message "TimeTrax System Error &H80004001 (-2147467263). Not implemented" when I try to launch timetrax. Everything was working fine til I got the stupid trojan and had to chase fixes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Paul

P.S. - I tried reinstalling v1.7 and 1.8 with the same result - won't launch.

Some re-installs clean out the registry which would remove the TT keys for all their crap.

I would probably have done something like this:

1. Back Up Registry KEY for TT
2. Re-install Windows XP
3. Update Windows XP all the way
4. Re-install TT
5. Apply BackedUp Registry Keys
6. Restart Computer (not sure its a MUST)
7. Test TT

You could also attempt to the "TT Cleaner" and then re-install to see if you can remove the issues.

ALSO - this might mean that you haven't exactly gotten rid of the Trojen (unless you FORMATED - which I do not think you did)

Hope this helps somewhat - sorry its not more positive.

I would probably clean TT from the machine and then re-install totally.

The trojan was pretty benign, just trying to get me to buy their "fix" software to remove the silly warnings from my desktop. My fix involved running some antivirus scrubber things and reinstalling XP. I did not reformat my drive.

Yesterday I removed TT 1.7, ran the cleaner and installed TT 1.8 - same error message and won't launch. Then removed TT 1.7, ran the cleaner and installed TT 3.4. This one runs and prompts for my key. Of course it says my key is invalid when I type it in.

I haven't tried reinstalling Windows XP again - yet. Does that sound worthwhile since I did it during my trojan "fixing"? Why wouldn't my TT "key" work - is that because the TT sites are gone? Is my "key" worthless now?
Thanks for any help.
Paul

Are you using the TimeTrax or the TimeTrax Recast key? They're two different things and not interchangeable. Since you were probably trying to use your Recast key on that 3.4 install then it will not work. Recast keys don't work on pre-Recast versions to lock people into Recast forever (or as forever can get when the company vaporizes).

We have seen the odd occurrence of simultaneous installations working. We're not sure why it does. You install and register Recast and then install a legacy TimeTrax version. For some reason the earlier version will show as registered without doing anything.

Caveat: If you bought in at the Recast level you can't go backward to pre-Recast. You never had authorization for those versions.

Last edited:
Well I'll be danged! It now works! I did a system restore back to a few days ago - before I deleted TT registry keys. Then tried launching TT 1.8 and got the same old error message. So I tried reinstalling TT 3.4. It freakin' runs! I have no idea what I did. I signed up for TT in Nov 2005, after they had done the switch to "recast" I think. I don't recall ever seeing the TT 3.4 player before. I tried keying in my registration key on TT 3.4 last night - repeatedly it told me it was an invalid key. Tonight though it says "...fully registered version of TT" with the key I entered last night. I can't explain, and I'm not complaining. It works and I'm not going to touch anything (except backup the registry keys)!

Thanks for all the tips and clues guys - if I knew what I had done correctly I'd pass it on.
Paul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts