I called 888-333-DISH and got DirecTV

RobbW

Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
I called the 800 by mistake and the operator asked how she could help me with my account before she identified herself as a DirecTV agent!!!!

Nice huh,

RobbW :p

lol.

There's another one - IIRC 866 333 DISH or 877 333 DISH is the number for an adult programming network.

I called the 800 by mistake and the operator asked how she could help me with my account before she identified herself as a DirecTV agent!!!!

Nice huh,

RobbW :p

You're just completely wrong. As said above, the 800 number is DISH Network. The 888 number is NOT DIRECTV. It's an independent retailer.

Perhaps a moderator can edit the title of this thread so that others don't get confused by the incorrect information. Maybe close it too since it's not really helpful in any way.

That reminds me of the time when I called Sears for Home Services and on the other end I hear: "Hi there, horny guy" I had my daughter next to me so I freaked out and hung up. I had dialed 1-800...... instead of the Sears number 1-888.......

Agreed! If you run all over the internet forums closing every post you don't think is "useful"...well, you should be reading a magazine instead. ;)
You must not be able to walk in your house, because you cannot throw anything out.

This thread would have zero content if the Title was accurate. Since it is wrong, the thread is a blight on reality that should be thrown out.

I hope that the mods can see this.

There is big money in misdialed numbers.

For example, try calling 800-DISHNETWORK and you'll actually get a retailer.

Personally myself, I own over 200 Toll Free numbers that I use for my advertising, but several of those numbers are actually numbers that are a few digits off from other dealers numbers that they use for new sales. A matter of fact, I even have a few phone numbers that used to belong to my competition before they went out of business!

Personally myself, I own over 200 Toll Free numbers that I use for my advertising, but several of those numbers are actually numbers that are a few digits off from other dealers numbers that they use for new sales. A matter of fact, I even have a few phone numbers that used to belong to my competition before they went out of business!

Claude you are evil 200 toll free # or your Dish Store wow!!!

Claude you are evil doing business on other peoples mistakes. 200 toll free # or your Dish Store wow!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)