I can understand why a cheapskate like me (TurboHDBronze) doesn't get the new HD ch.

york4311

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
USA
But what I don't get, is why they at least are not available for purchase.

For instance, I am paying 29.99 a month for TurboHD Bronze. I'd be willing to fork over another $5 a month if that would get me all the HD programming that is available to Classic Bronze plus HD.

I was actually quite suprised when I started up, as there were both HD and SD versions of the channels. I really didn't expect the SD at all. And now that I think about it, I'd prefer if they just skipped the SD versions and all I'd get is the HD. Because I think this is what makes the thing so cloudy of an issue.

Classic Bronze is 34.99 a month and if you wanted that plus HD channels you pay another $10.. then it's 44.99 a month. Turbo HD should simply be JUST the HD versions, and quite honestly they could say, it costs $34.99 a month. I could understand that...as otherwise, why would customers stay with Classic Bronze, as it would be cheaper to go to TurboHD Bronze and get the SD versions of the channels anyway.

I just think it is retarded to have such a confusing system of adding this channel to this combo pack service but not this other service that is supposidly to mirror the classic level.

Again, I'm cheap and enjoying my 29.99 a month channels. But I do wish I could just play the additional $5 a month to pick up Nick HD, Fox News HD, etc... Having to swap packs to Classic Bronze and then add back HD, seems so retarded to me at this point, I can't do it.

problem is if they made a pack like that, everyone would jump ship from their current packs to that, which would result in a substantial loss of revenue. they need more people going from turbo bronze to bronze classic+bronzehd. my guess is the turbo packaged were made to just lure people in at a time when no channels were being added then hope they would switch up when new channels did come in. but hey, i gotta admire your realizing how little you really pay for turbo hd bronze and not expecting the world for 29.99.

even if dish wanted to (or who knows, maybe they do) put those channels in the bronze package, im pretty sure FOX and Viacom wouldnt allow it anways. they want to force all their crappy channels on us. not allows us to only watch the few good ones.

YOU GOT CHUCKED! Vote with your feet - if you're not pleased with the options, pursue another provider if possible. That's the only hope of getting through - there is no way to make yourself more clear, even though it is likely to hurt a bit.

They are doing it to make more money. Should be lucky that it is an option at all. Dish Network is advertising that they are the only provider allowing HD only packages to be purchased.

Dish is often forbidden to offer channels a la carte. This is because a la carte provides potentially fewer viewers than if the channel were offered as part of a package. EVERY channel and service fights to get added to the lowest tier so they can have the largest possible audience and charge more money for the ads. No channel really wants to be a la carte.

Presumption is the providers have nixed offering only the HD format of their shows, so Dish must withhold them until an agreement is reached, if ever.

Working with Dish to get better Package price.

But what I don't get, is why they at least are not available for purchase.

For instance, I am paying 29.99 a month for TurboHD Bronze. I'd be willing to fork over another $5 a month if that would get me all the HD programming that is available to Classic Bronze plus HD.

I was actually quite suprised when I started up, as there were both HD and SD versions of the channels. I really didn't expect the SD at all. And now that I think about it, I'd prefer if they just skipped the SD versions and all I'd get is the HD. Because I think this is what makes the thing so cloudy of an issue.

Classic Bronze is 34.99 a month and if you wanted that plus HD channels you pay another $10.. then it's 44.99 a month. Turbo HD should simply be JUST the HD versions, and quite honestly they could say, it costs $34.99 a month. I could understand that...as otherwise, why would customers stay with Classic Bronze, as it would be cheaper to go to TurboHD Bronze and get the SD versions of the channels anyway.

I just think it is retarded to have such a confusing system of adding this channel to this combo pack service but not this other service that is supposidly to mirror the classic level.

Again, I'm cheap and enjoying my 29.99 a month channels. But I do wish I could just play the additional $5 a month to pick up Nick HD, Fox News HD, etc... Having to swap packs to Classic Bronze and then add back HD, seems so retarded to me at this point, I can't do it.

I wrote a letter to the CEO contacts ,detailing pretty much what you are saying on here.I explained to the Ceo that when I subscribed To Dish I was told that the HD would corresponde to the classic packages(meaning if you subscribed to Bronze,200 or 250 package you would get All available HD that comes with those packages if you subscribed to the TURBO HD only)This obviously has not happenned.In order for anyone to get all available HD subscribers have to get classic 250 plus platinum ,plus HD add on,and with DVR add on even with DVR advantage (you save 98 cents)A Subscribers bill virtually doubles because you have to get all the package add ons that include SD channels,which at least in my house I cant watch as My HDTV doesnt give a good SD picture(Maybe its my TV ,But thats not the point,the point is why do I have to pay almost double to get all the HDDish has because they cant figure out how to have All The HD in Turbo.Dish doesnt give the option .I wrote CEO trying to see if any discounts can be given until Dish pulls their head out and figures out a fairer package.I signed up just as VOOM was leaving and was told DISH has an all HD package.If they cant give a discount at least offer to give all the HD (non premium)channels to its existing Customers at a reduced rate.(DISH can block out all SD ,thats fine)they can do it if they redo their computer system.
I got a reply back saying they would review request.I am not expecting anything but will update on this site if they offer me a deal.
Dishnetwork needs to seriously look into their package offerings as at least for myself having to pay close to 100 a month for something that should at the Highest be 65.00 is worse than Comcast Cable.And at least for me Comcast was less headaches.

They are available, but not for a cheapskate - it's called Classic Silver + HD (or similar). But it costs more than $5 as you started to show.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts