Comcast SportsNet Chicago - Cubs Postgame live...

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
Yesterday, after the Cubs-Marlins game (and a spectacular pitching performance by Ted) I was able to watch all of Cubs Postgame...

Now previously, one of my biggest gripes about E* was how they pulled the plug on the postgame show right after the game ended...did something change? Or is it all a timing thing...(game ended earlier than suspected and there were available minutes or something like that)

If anyone out there knows how E* 'manages' their air time when it comes to their handling of RSNs, I would love to know! I could honestly get used to watching the Cubs postgame show in HD if given the opportunity...:)

well from experience on fox west for the Lakers and on prime ticket for the Dodgers the hd feed shuts down seconds after the post game signs off. I always thought it was controlled manually since the post game show runs past the allocated time.

well from experience on fox west for the Lakers and on prime ticket for the Dodgers the hd feed shuts down seconds after the post game signs off. I always thought it was controlled manually since the post game show runs past the allocated time.
Not on DirecTV, or TWC, or FiOS, or U-Verse, or Adelphia, ex....:p

To bad I don't care.

If you actually have an answer to my posted question, I would love to hear it.

I never really noticed, but now that I think about it, I believe there's been others, as well. I remember seeing the Brewers postgame the other day in HD, so maybe it's something new Dish is doing. BTW, I wonder how Cubs games look on WGN to your typical Direct subscriber. I enjoyed it in glorious HD yesterday.

I never really noticed, but now that I think about it, I believe there's been others, as well. I remember seeing the Brewers postgame the other day in HD, so maybe it's something new Dish is doing. BTW, I wonder how Cubs games look on WGN to your typical Direct subscriber. I enjoyed it in glorious HD yesterday.
Looked good as I too am able to watch it in HD, not on WGN however. Doesn't matter since I can watch just about every Cubs game in HD, either through the other team's feed or through CSN Chicago. Considering more Cub games are on CSN than on WGN I prefer the option I have.

Never thought I'd hear the day where WGN had fewer games then the cable sports network :(
I remember when every single Cubs game was on WGN. When I was a kid we had cable and the only way we could watch a Dodgers game (with the exception of those few games they were on KTTV or KTLA) was when they played the Braves on WTBS or the Cubs on WGN. Memories of planning my day specifically to make time to catch a Dodgers vs Cubs game on WGN.

Even though I can now watch every single Dodger game without paying for an additional package (KCAL, FSNPT, Fox, MLBNet, and ESPN), I do like the fact that I can pay for an addtional package to watch just about every single game by every single team every single day. Made possible by the fact that most games by most teams are on their RSNs (Although Direct does put up the occassional My9 and WGN feed on EI).

I remember when every single Cubs game was on WGN. When I was a kid we had cable and the only way we could watch a Dodgers game (with the exception of those few games they were on KTTV or KTLA) was when they played the Braves on WTBS or the Cubs on WGN. Memories of planning my day specifically to make time to catch a Dodgers vs Cubs game on WGN.

Even though I can now watch every single Dodger game without paying for an additional package (KCAL, FSNPT, Fox, MLBNet, and ESPN), I do like the fact that I can pay for an addtional package to watch just about every single game by every single team every single day. Made possible by the fact that most games by most teams are on their RSNs (Although Direct does put up the occassional My9 and WGN feed on EI).

God forbid you have a conversation in any thread without plugging your sports packs...even when the thread CLEARLY isn't about sports packs...lol...

Whatever man...for the record, WGN is available in HD 24/7 FULL-TIME on DishNetwork...fortunately, I won't be missing any games there either... :D

Vampz,

Just out of curiosity...Why do you still reply to my posts expecting a response when you know I have you on ignore?

(BTW, I know this because I can see what you type when others quote you in their reply. Ironically, in order for you to answer you must reply, which I will not be able to see anyway.)

Vampz,

Just out of curiosity...Why do you still reply to my posts expecting a response when you know I have you on ignore?

(BTW, I know this because I can see what you type when others quote you in their reply. Ironically, in order for you to answer you must reply, which I will not be able to see anyway.)

You answered your own question, even though you can't see the answer...:D

Why would you post in my threads when you can't see my posts? Unless of course you had something to say that was irrelevant to my post since you couldn't see it?

wow...the intrigue...

You answered your own question, even though you can't see the answer...:D

Why would you post in my threads when you can't see my posts? Unless of course you had something to say that was irrelevant to my post since you couldn't see it?

wow...the intrigue...
Since I asked you the question, it would only be proper for me to view your reply and respond to it, so I clicked "View Post" to see your response.

Answer: I posted replies to others in this thread, as you can see, everything was a direct reply to what others have stated and relevant to their point.

Looked good as I too am able to watch it in HD, not on WGN however. Doesn't matter since I can watch just about every Cubs game in HD, either through the other team's feed or through CSN Chicago. Considering more Cub games are on CSN than on WGN I prefer the option I have.

That's why I said I've got no desire for MLB network in the other thread. I'm in-region for the Cubs, so to get that thru Directv, I'd be giving up WGN-HD. You can keep it. I prefer the option I have.:cool:

Yesterday, after the Cubs-Marlins game (and a spectacular pitching performance by Ted) I was able to watch all of Cubs Postgame...

Now previously, one of my biggest gripes about E* was how they pulled the plug on the postgame show right after the game ended...did something change? Or is it all a timing thing...(game ended earlier than suspected and there were available minutes or something like that)

If anyone out there knows how E* 'manages' their air time when it comes to their handling of RSNs, I would love to know! I could honestly get used to watching the Cubs postgame show in HD if given the opportunity...:)
I haven't read anything directly about a policy change for this but for NESN HD and SNY HD it's been consistent that the pre-game and first post-game (the Sox have something like 3 post-game shows) shows are shown in their entirety in HD.

That's why I said I've got no desire for MLB network in the other thread. I'm in-region for the Cubs, so to get that thru Directv, I'd be giving up WGN-HD. You can keep it. I prefer the option I have.:cool:
Cool...I am glad you are happy with what you have. :up MLBNet is not for everyone, including some baseball fans. That is why choices are good.

God forbid you have a conversation in any thread without plugging your sports packs...even when the thread CLEARLY isn't about sports packs...lol...

Whatever man...for the record, WGN is available in HD 24/7 FULL-TIME on DishNetwork...fortunately, I won't be missing any games there either... :D

I wont be either as I get the REAL WGN! That would be WGN9 for those of you who dont know :D Not this WGN America stuff. The only downside is having to wait untill Sunday morning to watch WWE Superstars in HD.

You wont because you live in Chicago. For those outside of Chicago, they will be missing most Cub games as most of their games are on CSN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)