I can't believe I saw this on a basic cable/satellite channel!

Yes, I remember when AMC and Bravo were ad free. Liked those days. But as stated, only OTA TV has to be cleaner. There are no restrictions on satellite/cable. I guess in theory IFC could run an X Rate film, if they wanted to.

Even then, broadcast TV is allowed to do certain things based on context. See Roots, which had bare breasted women on primetime TV in the 1970s.

The other side of this is AMC. I watched Blazing Saddles on it a few weeks ago. It was bleeped so bad it ruined the movie. I guess in this day and age nudity on TV is ok on screen but don’t use any derogatory words.
TCM runs everything uncut. unedited...even Holiday Inn.

Reactions: DJ Lon
I hate that just because we can attitude. I avoid all new shows and just stick with the OTA channels. I dread the day they start allowing the s-word in prime time OTA TV shows surprised they have not yet already.
Once OTA ratings really drop is when you will see the restrictions really loosened to compete with cable and streaming. Honestly prime time on network is in a lot of ways unrealistic when you listen to the dialog. Just think of how much better the Chicago cop shows would be if they could speak normally.

I watched the show "The Good Girls" from NBC that aired Sunday night around 9pm central time. Christiana Hendrix character was in her bed imagining the Hispanic tatted thug she is working for illegally , standing over her in her bedroom. She reaches over to her night stand and gets something we can't see and puts it under the covers between her legs. Then the vibrating sound starts coming from the bed as he struts around the room smashing all her breakables in her room from the mirror to every vase ,jar and plate she had on display, never breaking eye contact with each other. This went on till her husband sticks his head in the room and asks her how to make pancakes for the kids. The buzzing sound stops.

Two years ago on NBC the show "Shades of Blue" that starred Jenifer Lopez and Ray Liotta had a scene where Ray ( whose character was the police chief in New York , married with kids ) meets a young guy in a pool hall ,plays pool with him and flirts with his eyes and body movement. The next scene is he is in the alley way with this young guy obviously simulating fellatio on Ray as he stood over him on his knees and holding his head to his groin and Ray making weird faces . Regular tv is quickly on it's way to being just as dirty as cable. Start saying the F.. word and M...F..... and you have HBO equivalency.

Reactions: dishdude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)