I can't believe it but I switched back to cable..and I'm happy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
robert luzzi said:
by 2007 c band is dead, washington WILL resell the spectrum

in areas that are either flat land or a compressed area, antennas work fine , try that in pittsburgh :no

What? Can I have alittle of what you're smoking? Please :D

robert luzzi said:
by 2007 c band is dead, washington WILL resell the spectrum in areas that are either flat land or a compressed area, antennas work fine , try that in pittsburgh :no

WHAT? CRAZY!

This is how uplink centers do the vast majority of their business, not to mention how DBS and cable get their signals.

AND regarding the user that blasted how his locals look on cable vs DBS: Local affiliates really do not want to be on DBS, and in that thought do not always provide the very best signal to DBS for rebroadcast. They honestly prefer you to rely on them and maybe local cable for their programming.

charper1 said:
AND regarding the user that blasted how his locals look on cable vs DBS: Local affiliates really do not want to be on DBS, and in that thought do not always provide the very best signal to DBS for rebroadcast. They honestly prefer you to rely on them and maybe local cable for their programming.

Wow, that's a new one. Why is this?

Are you saying that my nasty DirecTV locals are not because DirecTV is cramming them all on one transponder? The real reason is that the all my local TV stations got together to screw DirecTV for some reason?

Why do my local broadcasters like Comcast but hate DirecTV and Dish Network?

Are you smoking a bit of the funny stuff too? :yes

It is an additional reason.

Once the compression relaxes, bad signals in will still equal bad signals out. Not ALL affiliates are up to this practise. Many have realised this is another outlet to provide quality product too. Sadly, many smaller markets and non-O&O have taken the opposite approach. Just search and read all the news about the NAB's actions trying to screw DBS's delivery of locals and networks. Also research the affiliates and how a lot of them choose to deliver signals to DBS providers.

charper1 said:
It is an additional reason.

Once the compression relaxes, bad signals in will still equal bad signals out. Not ALL affiliates are up to this practise. Many have realised this is another outlet to provide quality product too. Sadly, many smaller markets and non-O&O have taken the opposite approach. Just search and read all the news about the NAB's actions trying to screw DBS's delivery of locals and networks. Also research the affiliates and how a lot of them choose to deliver signals to DBS providers.

In Salt Lake DirecTV over-compresses 14 channels so they will fit on one transponder. I'll never be able to see if the local broadcasters are sending crap to DirecTV because DirecTV isn't going to add more bandwidth to a small market like Salt Lake.

I guess we'll never know!

robert luzzi said:
my opinion and im entitled to it , analog my butt, if you have an antenna on your house you are living in the last century

and cheap too.

Well, I live in New Mexico, so it's more than last century, more like the 19th century, but I get great HD reception from my rooftop antenna for my OTA locals. As good as from D*, in fact my local PBS-HD is better than anything on D*. MNF is as clear as Sunday Night on ESPN. That being said, I am a huge D* fan, but it is reality.

Even with our mountains, 6,000 to 8,000 feet above terrain (not the hills of western PA) , OTA is a great supplement to D*. Before you slam me, I used to live in McCandless and Ross townships in the North Hills, there is no elevation difference in Western PA (outside of Allegheny Nat'l forest) close to elevation change from my home to work (Santa Fe), difference of approx 1,800 ft elevation. (looked it up, Allegheny County ranges from 682 to 1401 feet, net 719 feet change) The problem with Pgh is not so much the hills, it's that the tower locations are scattered all over town. WTAE toward Monroeville, WPXI north of town, KDKA (I forget). But that's the main reason it's so tough in Pgh. You would have to have a rotor.

At least out here, because of the terrain, all of our towers are at the top of Sandia Crest (11,000 feet in elevation) so we can just point our antennas there and lock them. I am 60 miles away, so the cluster is at the same point. I'm sure some folks in Albuquerque have some aiming issues that I don't have.

One thing we definitely agree on is your sig.
Steeler fan through and through.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)