I can't get Fox on my antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

coltpython

Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
indiana
I bought the Clearstream 2v antenna and put it up in my attic. I get some channels that I didn't get with my indoor $30 antenna. But I can't seem to get Fox. From the list below I get virtual channels: 15.1, 33.1, 21.1, 39.1. Plus I get 27.1 which I have no idea where it's coming from. I've tried a number of positions but can't get 55.1. Is there something I'm missing? or something else I can try?
CBS3115.1UHF1000.0 kWFort Wayne26.13 mi358.71°
NBC1833.1UHF285.0 kWFort Wayne26.14 mi359.09°
ABC2421.1UHF335.0 kWFort Wayne26.71 mi358.21°
PBS4039.1UHF90.0 kWFort Wayne26.82 mi357.50°
FOX3655.1UHF1000.0 kWFort Wayne27.21 mi357.11°
PBS2349.1UHF79.13 kWMuncie44.65 mi195.36°
IND4444.1UHF47.35 kWLima51.76 mi86.09°
NBC835.1VHF27.5 kWLima54.39 mi87.39°
IND1263.1VHF16.5 kWAngola54.49 mi20.37°
MYNETWORK3223.1UHF1000.0 kWMarion56.38 mi226.13°

Looks like you're near Bluffton, IN, based on your location and the presence of 27.1, which is WSOT-LD in Marion.

Did you receive WFFT on either antenna? What type of TV or receiver are you using to watch these channels? Would you mind going to tvfool.com and providing us with the results for your address?

- Trip

I am in bluffton. I was getting WFFT on my old antenna which was an indoor flat rca thing. I have an insignia 46 inch, and a jvc 52 inch. I have the url for the tvfool thing but this site isn't letting me post urls??
www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=46ae8048155759
On the surface it looks like you should have no problems receiving FOX. Tell us more about your distribution system. My first thought is a bad cable or splitter that is blocking CH.36 signal

In my attic there's a 3 way splitter. it sends 2 cables the the living room and 1 to the bedroom. After reading your post I tried running a cable from the antenna straight to the living room tv with a different cable not used in the current set-up. Still no Fox. I also tried hooking up my old rca antenna again but I didn't get fox with it either. I know I did before, so perhaps it's a problem with that tower?? If so who would I contact?

Calling the station and asking to speak to someone in engineering would let you know if the transmitter is out.

Did you try scanning for channels again after changing the antenna, and are sure the TV is in antenna mode and not cable?

I emailed the station and got a response REALLY quick. I guess they had a part out. They switched it in 30 mins and got back with me. After I rescanned I now get WFFT fox! Thanks for the advice.

NOT GOOD. Are U saying their OTA was out for DAYS and no one noticed or complained until U? Makes me think it's one more step toward OTA free TV going away by lack of popular demand.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

it may have been out for days. I don't know. If I was the first to complain then they fixed it during a snow storm at 9pm and replied to my EMAIL. I'd say that's some dedication to their OTA. Then again, it's possible they had been working on it all along and it just so happened they finished 30 mins after I sent my email.

it may have been out for days. I don't know. If I was the first to complain then they fixed it during a snow storm at 9pm and replied to my EMAIL. I'd say that's some dedication to their OTA. Then again, it's possible they had been working on it all along and it just so happened they finished 30 mins after I sent my email.

That's possible!

Not tv related,well sorta,the power was off on my street for hours,I wasn't home,was on a tv house call.Anyway,I get home the power is out,don't think too much about and go about doing other things.Talk to a neighbor and they said it's been off 2 or 3 hours,I look up at the corner and see the fuses dropped on all 3 phases.Asked did anybody call?Of course not.Go in the house call NiMo and they didn't know about it,lites back on about 20 minutes later.

Glad to hear the issue is resolved without having to resort to some bazaar antenna arrangement aligned by the full moon.... :eek:

Glad to hear the issue is resolved without having to resort to some bazaar antenna arrangement aligned by the full moon.... :eek:

Yeah, the bazaar route gets too many people involved. Pretty bizarre. ;)

Gotta love auto correct.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

:welcome to Satelliteguys coltpython!

As you found out, contacting the local station was a good idea! Engineers love to talk shop, plus you were a diversion from the routine of their day. I'm glad it worked out so well and so quickly for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)