I Can't Live Without My HR20!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sidewinderFSK

Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
My HR20 Died yesterday . it started last week with time issues, then the jitters, lock ups, after doing a reset now nothing. Boots and go's to screen 1 0f 2 with the rolling rolling rolling (keep them doggies rolling) led. Last night the tech said that the HD is giving up the ghost.

DirecTV is sending a new unit but dose anyone have an idea on how to get a few more hours of use out of this unit.

Tourchwood, Enterprize, medium, house and bones, and that just tonignt!

which kind of reset did you do red button? or pull the plug. If just a red button can't hurt to pull the plug and let it sit for an hour or so and boot it back up.

Can I yank the HD and put in a replacement without any repercussion from DirectV. and will it work.

I will replace their HD when I return to directv

the reset was from the menu (FORMAT HD )) The UNIT would lock up and the only way to get it back up was to put the power. It have not left it unpluged for an hour. I will try that.

which kind of reset did you do red button? or pull the plug. If just a red button can't hurt to pull the plug and let it sit for an hour or so and boot it back up.

I tried it and It did boot but I was right back to round 1 lock ups. I did the GUI reset from the menu again and I am right back to a no boot situation again.
Can I format the drive from power up?

Buy an external eSata drive, you can always use it later

isn't a esata drive a sata drive with a external P/S and being so any sata drive would work if one had a spare computer P/S. Jumper the P/S on and wawla ESATA.

IF So I have those part on hand and could start right now.

I take it there is a sata port on the back of the HR20?

My HR20 Died yesterday . it started last week with time issues, then the jitters, lock ups, after doing a reset now nothing. Boots and go's to screen 1 0f 2 with the rolling rolling rolling (keep them doggies rolling) led. Last night the tech said that the HD is giving up the ghost.

DirecTV is sending a new unit but dose anyone have an idea on how to get a few more hours of use out of this unit.

Tourchwood, Enterprize, medium, house and bones, and that just tonignt!

Now isn't there a smart tech on the net that know how too format the HR20

Now isn't there a smart tech on the net that know how too format the HR20

IF you do a reformat of the HD, you WILL lose your recordings, for certain. Also, if you are using a ESATA it will be reformatted when you plug it into your NEW HR DVR so your shows are basically lost, sorry, I know you didn't want to hear that, I too have learned to not leave anything that I find important on the drive, if for some reason I really need it.

I thought, if it just shows that you would like to watch, could you view them online ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)