I can't log in with ff

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoia

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2014
New England
I lurk , once in awhile, sometimes post, almost everyday I check the site to look for new info, I find it very helpful.
Today I tried to sign in on my FF (firefox) browser, which I use the most, but It keeps telling me this site is not secure because its not https , it says I have to give it permission but I have checked all my settings and tried to do that, but it didn't work.
It will let me put in my login info but when I hit enter it comes back to the home page, but not logged in.

My info is correct, any suggestions ? Please no comments not to use FF. lol
Yes I am using chrome to post this. Thank you in advance.
Mark

Go into FF and remove any cookies that are related to SatelliteGuys.

Reactions: paranoia
There are still additional issues.. It keeps logging me back out.. Every time i close the browser and re-open it, i have to re-login. Before i never had to do that... Also, i can move through-out various areas of Satellite Guys and get logged out...

Has anyone ever heard of the saying, if it aint broke, don't fix it...

We didn't change anything it's your browser. Your login information is stored by the browser not our servers.

Again clear ALL of your SatelliteGuys cookies. If there is one corrupt one it will cause the issues you are having.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you have to, go in to where your cookies are listed and type SatelliteGuys in the search.
I went in one time when I had this issue, and cleared all cookies I saw under the S's where SatelliteGuys was listed....still had the issue.
Went back and did a search after I deleted again and it showed a couple more.

Reactions: paranoia
What I do, when these issues arise, is to delete all cookies in my browser. Yeah, I have to relog into everything again but I start from a complete clean slate. It is amazing how many cookies get stored over time.

I wish there was an easy way to tell which cookie was bad or why cookies sometimes are not saved correctly by certain browsers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

There are times when this happens to me on IE11. Clicking "stay logged in" (next to password) fixes it for me.

Thank you for all your replies, That is what I ended up doing, deleting all my cookies, it is a pain in the a** to have to re login to all my other websites but I find it gives me the best overall results.
I should have done it before I asked but security warning made think it might of been something different. Thanks again, everyone.

Reactions: TheKrell and KE4EST
I have deleted all my cookies for Chrome and still had the issue where i can't login. The work around/fix for me is to check the stay logged in box when logging in.

Thank you for all your replies, That is what I ended up doing, deleting all my cookies, it is a pain in the a** to have to re login to all my other websites but I find it gives me the best overall results.
I should have done it before I asked but security warning made think it might of been something different. Thanks again, everyone.

I think it's just paranoia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)