I can't seem to increase the quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

James leandre

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
26.4 N, 81.4 W
I'm using a Coolsat 6000,Fortecstar 31" dish, and a SG 2100 motor.
my latitude is 26.2 N, and the longitude is 81.2 W.
I have the dish mounted to the wall. The mast and mount is leveled, and the scale on the motor is has been set to the proper number which is 24.The scale on the dish is set to 25.6. I set my latitude and longitude info in the receiver,and I'm using AMC 5 (79 W) as
my TS satellite, and TP Frequency 11742. When I plug these info
in the receiver and it moves. I moved the dish up and down slowly, and the azmuith,but yet the quality stays below 10. Can anyone help me?

try another transponder from that satellite

try this one from ice's list of strong transponders ... looks like 11742 is gone

79 (AMC5)-12182 H 23000

sounds like your doing everything right :) good luck and check back if your having problems

Ice you are fast :D

Last edited:
Thanks guys, for that info.Using TP Frequency 12182, I was able to increase the quality up to 93 percent in the motorized menu.The next thing that I did was to Blind Scan.While the receiver was scanning AMC5(79W),I noticied that the quality numbers were moving from red to green (low to high) constantly. It never stay on one constant number.Does anyone know why it's doing this?

While the receiver was scanning AMC5(79W),I noticied that the quality numbers were moving from red to green (low to high) constantly. It never stay on one constant number.Does anyone know why it's doing this?

As it scans through the different frequencies, it will only get quality when it scans an active transponder. When it trys to scan a frequency with no transponder, there will be no signal and no quality. Also, since the different transponders have different power levels, the quality will be different for the different transponders. Just like you could not get any quality on 11742, the scan would also get no quality when it is scanning this frequency.

James you may also see it do that when your receiver happens to scan a freq that is a data transponder with no video. Some satellites have several of those, like the channels used for the satellite-internet providers. You may see a strong signal/quality but no fta-video is there. The rec will skip it after a second or two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)