I can't stand hackers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
It kills me to see from time to time people coming onto this forum with questions about illegal file downloads for their free to air receivers.

I say keep free to air receivers what they are to view "free and legal" channels. People always find clever ways to poison a good hobbie.

I have often found from life's experience that people who steal tv generally speaking are takers. These are the same people who borrow your money never to repay you, eat all of your food when they can, find ways to get into movies free. go to restaurants eat 90% of their food then complain so the manager gives them the dinner for free. It never fails.

The same people who always accuse thier employers of cheating them out of their hours on their paychecks.

Just had to get that off my chest.

I applaud everyone who uses their receivers and equipement as a hobby, valuable learning tool, and enjoys chatting on the forum. :)

forgot one thing

I hope everytime someone puts some bootleg illegal file into their free to air receiver that it corrupts the bios.

You hit the nail on the head truckracer.

What I don't understand is, when people register, it says as you register "Satelliteguys.us is not a hack site" and when they come to the FTA area, when they click on the area it says "No Hack Talk Allowed" and I have a thread that says "No hack talk"

and they still don't listen

I could never figure out why people would want to hack Dish Network. i had a subscription and cancelled it (except for locals) due to there not being a damn good thing on there!

I find more stuff on my FTA receiver than my StarChoice and my Dish Network systems.

Its funny how I lock threads that are hack posts and right away I get a PM of "why did you lock my thread?" Hmmm, lets see.....you're a hacker!

There was one thread that I edited for my personal amusement. :)

bottom line...NO HACK TALK!!!

i agree with you iceberg

hey iceberg, i actually do watch fta more than dish net, i enjoy upn and wb channels on g10-r the most.

left something out

I also wanted to say that a couple of guys I know spend hours and hours hacking signals, they spend more time and money on bull***t software files and patches that most of which don't work, they could just subscribe for less than half of what they spend on hacking. the bottom line is aside from just being plain wrong and stealing, its not even economical either. after all being economical and "saving money" is what they claim they are doing. I can't see buying smartcard readers and all the items and software that it takes to hack is saving any money. Because the bottom line is when you steal you are not coming out ahead. That applies to anything not just satellite tv.

truckracer said:
hey iceberg, i actually do watch fta more than dish net, i enjoy upn and wb channels on g10-r the most.

Friday and Saturday's are used for scanning AMC9 and SBS6 for hockey games :)

I have a UPN and WB OTA in my area, so its not as much that

I figure my TV viewing is
65% FTA
25% SC
10% Dish/OTA (mostly for news)

Iceberg said:

I have a UPN and WB OTA in my area, so its not as much that

I figure my TV viewing is
65% FTA
25% SC
10% Dish/OTA (mostly for news)

I agree fta is great :) I would say that before I subed to the movie channels on my 4d I used it for fta with the pansat and found more to watch than on any pay service, but now I mostly pop on a flick barely stay up till the end then hit the hay :)

wb and upn

unfortunately here in charleston, wv we do not have any wb or upn locals. we do have one fox, nbc, cbs, abc. which these networks are good and i can receiver them with my us digital receiver in digital HD over the air. I actually only live about 12 miles from the towers. I have a large Rad** Sha*k vu-190R outdoor antenna which peaks the meter on signal quality at all times.

But WB and UPN are also great networks that has some good programming.

I also like The Tube channel on G-10R, it reminds me sort of what MTV was back in the mid 80's when it was music back to back and not reality shows and road trips. Don't get me wrong some of these shows are funny at times, but I still like music videos.

You guys have a good day-got to go to work. :)

truckracer said:
unfortunately here in charleston, wv we do not have any wb or upn locals. we do have one fox, nbc, cbs, abc. which these networks are good and i can receiver them with my us digital receiver in digital HD over the air. I actually only live about 12 miles from the towers. I have a large Rad** Sha*k vu-190R outdoor antenna which peaks the meter on signal quality at all times.
In Minneapolis we have all of the networks...Its funny how you ** out parts of the Rat Shack name. I have a VU110 for my stuff.
We have a VU210 at the lake house :)
But WB and UPN are also great networks that has some good programming.

I also like The Tube channel on G-10R, it reminds me sort of what MTV was back in the mid 80's when it was music back to back and not reality shows and road trips. Don't get me wrong some of these shows are funny at times, but I still like music videos.

You guys have a good day-got to go to work. :)
can't argue with you there :)

Iceberg said:

You need to get a c band dish up, I get some great minor league type hockey games out of Quebec on Anik F1. Real small venues (alot look like local ice rinks ) and some great playing. I can't tell you much more about it , my French is non existant.

---------Robert

Oh, just buy a van and mount a BUD in the roof and park it outside your window, tell them it's an "art car"

---------Robert

A cheaper route would be to get a utitlity trailer, hitch, and an inverter. So you can take this FTA stuff on the road.

RLDSL said:
Oh, just buy a van and mount a BUD in the roof and park it outside your window, tell them it's an "art car"

---------Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)