I can't watch the Yankees because cable does?

That would be true. A couple of years ago the YES network and Dish contract expired the YES network wanted big $ to renew it. Dish told them to take a hike so no YES network. At that time Charlie stated that Dish would have to Raise everyones bill $1.00 a month to pay for The Yes Network not just the people that like the Yankees, But people in Cleveland , Boston and every where else who could care less about the Yankees. Note Dish offer to sell it as a seperate channel like HBO and they were turned down.

I am almost positive that they did or they had the channel that carried the Yankees until a couple years ago. But all the other information is true because there was a big stink about it when it happened and Cablevision didn't carry at that time either and DirecTV did a ton fo install at that time because of it. and the next year Dolan tried the same thing with Fox Sports Ohio and the Indians and Dish only carried 75 games that year.

I stand corrected. But I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Dish to carry YES I don't think it will ever happen unless they can sell it seperate. You can always go with DirecTV.

Yup, when Georgy took his ball to YES, E* ceased offering the Yankees except for ESPN and Free OTA games.

Now they are enforcing blackouts on the ESPN games and you can't even watch them anymore.....

Bottom line.... Yankee fans, go away elsewhere.

Me, I'm a Mets fan, so I like the idea of keeping my $2 out of George's pocket. We'll see what happens next year though when the Mets move to their own network. At that point there will be 4 RSNs in the New York area. No WAY Charlie will pay for all those. MSN, FoxSports, the Mets Channel (or whatever they call it, and YES will fight for carriage. I don't know how long the MSG and FoxSports agreements are for, but they will become useless to me once the Mets leave (could care less about Knicks, Islanders, Devils (OK, I watch the Devils when the playoffs start but that's it.... if they ever start up again))

BobMurdoch said:
Now they are enforcing blackouts on the ESPN games and you can't even watch them anymore.....

This blackout rule may be true in the tri-state area but, here in Syracuse, NY, I am pretty sure I have been able to watch the Yankees on occasion ESPN. I also think that if it's a national ESPN broadcast, YES cannot enforce their blackout rights.

Im in Cleveland and the other night the game was Blacked out on ESPN. George needs more money so he can buy some better players. The Yankees the best team money can buy but since the dollar is down that why there in 2nd place? Long live Red Sox. The Yankees are the reason sports are so messed up.

rowemance said:
George needs more money so he can buy some better players.

Maybe the cost of steroids has gone up! :haha

I'm a Yankee fan (not hard core, though) but, I agree with Dish, YES belongs in the sports pack. Personally, I don't want to pay extra for his overpriced network to be in the AT120 package!

Yankees games on ESPN may or may not be blacked out in New York State.

First "YES" owns the exclusive local Regional rights to all Yankees games for all IN Market Subs. "In market" means any and all subscribers within the area the Yankees claim that is their territory, this is determined by Zip Code.

Now ESPN can and does purchase Full National coverage for some games, this means the those games will NOT be blacked out for those subs that are within the Local Yankees rights areas.

If ESPN purchases Full National coverage and the game is still on "YES" then you can choose to watch the game on "YES" or ESPN, provided of course you can get "YES".

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)