I.D .Dish 4 foot c band portable

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks a lot like my very first dish, has the same ring/extendable support, was called the "Little Wil" system by Wilson Microwave. Seems to be new old stock, judging from the ancient low noise amplifier on the mount. C-band setup, but I believe you can finagle a ku lnbf into that feedhorn-holder and have a nice-sized ku dish, though fixed on one satellite.

Nice dish.. I have a 3ft ring mount made by Panarex (Pansat) one but 4ft aka 1.2m will be even nicer. Offer $50 and go from there.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

not excited

For Ku (which makes more sense than C band), you'd need a Ku feed or LNBF matching the F/D of that center fed dish.
Good ones are available inexpensively, but you're very limited in your choices.
example: http://satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=665&ws_cat=433
edit: if it's old stock, let's hope it's accurate at Ku frequencies. :)

Lack of proper mounting hardware makes this dish a poor choice at the price point.

As for C band, yes, I discriminate against undersized dishes. ;)

might be ok on 99 cband for a few stations and other cband sats with strong tp's.
being a prime focus ku iffy at best. but if one likes wasting $ it could be fun.

Is it big enough for AMC 18 at 105.0°W HITS2HOME (SRL/Skyvision) service? If not, what is the minimum size needed? Just wondering, happy with DirecTV right now.

Now something I would love to have in addition to my DirecTV is my "Choice of Music", but without having to put a huge 10 foot dish in the yard, what's the minimum size needed to pick up Galaxy 14 at 125.0°W?

The last I read, you could skate by on a 6' C band dish for 4Dtv.
A test dish of 5' was flakey. (not reliable)
So no-go on a 4' dish.

Edit: reworded post for clarity.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)