I didn't realize ad skipping tweaks from Dish..

midwesttv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
USA
[h=1]I had no idea about this till I just read it..Probably old news to all of you. I gotta go figure out how to do this now:
Set PTAT to custom channels?
Somewhere is a command not to record commercials AT ALL?? :confused:

Is this as of S217???

Report: Dish Tweaks Hopper Ad-Skipping Feature Amid Lawsuit[/h][h=2]Satellite operator is said to modify AutoHop to allow more user controls[/h][h=3]By Todd Spangler, Multichannel News -- Broadcasting & Cable, 7/26/2012 10:09:21 AM[/h][h=3][/h]

Dish Network, which is facing lawsuits from CBS, Fox and NBC over the automatic ad-skipping capabilities built into its Hopper multiroom DVR, has upgraded the feature to give users more control, according to a published report.

The software update, released in last week, may be designed to bolster its legal defense against the broadcasters by adding new user-controlled recording and deletion functions, Variety reported.

According to the report, the default option for AutoHop now is to not skip ads, so a viewer must actively select to zap the commercials. In addition, Dish's Hopper customers can now select which networks they record with PrimeTime Anytime -- whereas the lineups of all four major networks were automatically recorded -- and can delete recordings at any time (whereas they were previously retained on the DVR for eight days).

Commercials are always recorded. The change is;
The default is not to SKIP commercials. The user changes it to skip if they desire.
You can now decide which networks of the four to record, does not have to be all four.
You can delete PTAT recordings now, before you could not, they were erased after 8 days.

Commercials are always recorded. The change is;
The default is not to SKIP commercials. The user changes it to skip if they desire.
You can now decide which networks of the four to record, does not have to be all four.
You can delete PTAT recordings now, before you could not, they were erased after 8 days.

So it's still big 4 only, but one can make it big 3 or big 2? I misunderstood that. Thought I could now PTA TBS, Military etc...

So it's still big 4 only, but one can make it big 3 or big 2? I misunderstood that. Thought I could now PTA TBS, Military etc...
yep, it's just the customization options that Scott mentioned a week ago for the big 4 with PTAT.

Don't expect PTAT to expand to any other networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)