I do not need 16 tuners! Is there any other significant improvements over the HWS?

This is really a no-brainer - get the H3.

I have never been a fan of the CUI, but it is getting better everyday - and you will end up with it sooner or later anyway, so why wouldn't you want the best hardware available? Even if you think you do not NEED 16 tuners, it is easy to have recording conflicts on an older Hopper. Maybe you only are recording two shows and you want a few minutes of early start and a padded ending so you don't miss anything. Two show, in two time slots, now is briefly using 4 tuners during the overlap and that is without anyone watching another channel in a different room.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and get an H3.

CBS 6/12/17 reports 10% of the worlds population is obese. Does 16 tuners affect this.

I think the people that feel they need to catch all of their shows live would be the obese ones since they'd always have to stay home so they don't miss it. The rest of us recording all of our shows are able to stay active all day then catch up on our shows when we have spare time or before bed. ;)

2.5 hr guide vs 3.
This isn't near as much of an issue that you're trying to make it out to be. It's really only an issue when there are 30-minute programs in the particular 'window' of time you're looking at at that time.

CUI removes the ability to shift a recording to a second Hopper when the first is busy. MAJOR concern if you haven't moved to the no -redundant H3.

But Dish has chosen to destroy a major feature by not allowing shifting a recording to a second Hopper under CUI.
THERE IS NO NEED TO SHIFT A RECORDING TO A 2ND DVR when you have (16) tuners available. You will NEVER have all (16) tuners in use at the same time in normal use. The only way it will happen is if you test to see if it actually works.

WOW, both of our SOAPs didn't record for some reason. Sure glad my other HWS has them. Are there issues with OTA skipping timers? Says the recordings were completed. The other HWS has both SOAPs recorded from Satellite locals.

WOW, both of our SOAPs didn't record for some reason. Sure glad my other HWS has them. Are there issues with OTA skipping timers? Says the recordings were completed. The other HWS has both SOAPs recorded from Satellite locals.
Now I have an OTA timer says it is recording but not showing up. Rebooted the Hopper, now it is recording. Sorry to get off topic.

...THERE IS NO NEED TO SHIFT A RECORDING TO A 2ND DVR when you have (16) tuners available. You will NEVER have all (16) tuners in use at the same time in normal use. The only way it will happen is if you test to see if it actually works.

That issue is for HWS units. Like my two. I'd prefer to keep two HWSes and have overflow recordings onto #2 when all tuners are busy on #1. I don't want an H3. In fact, I'm paying a bit more to have two HWSes and a (rarely used) Joey 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)