i dont get mtv tr3s

memo90061

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
i dont see mtv tr3s in the guide and i emailed dish network about it and they told me to call them.

Dear Guillermo,
Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-3474 and speak to a Technical Support Agent; it is supposed to be channel 872 and you have the proper programming. You will need to speak to a tech.

thats all they said! does anyone see channel 872 in the guide? i juse see channel 870 and the next one is 873.

Yeah it is strange, I see all the dish latino channels in red on my guide too, but i don't see 872 at all.

I don't get that channel either. I remember when they dropped MTV en espanol and were supposedly replacing it with Tr3s. I was going to call Dish about it but decided to not even bother because MTV sucks ( both english and spanish). I have no need for that channel.

i dont see mtv tr3s in the guide and i emailed dish network about it and they told me to call them.

Dear Guillermo,
Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-3474 and speak to a Technical Support Agent; it is supposed to be channel 872 and you have the proper programming. You will need to speak to a tech.

thats all they said! does anyone see channel 872 in the guide? i juse see channel 870 and the next one is 873.

Do you live in california?

Yeah I live in Los Angeles. MTV Tr3s is available in the local channels but its extremely blurry, I couldnt read the letters. All the other SD channels on Dish Network look really good compared to KBEH (MTV Tr3s) and I know that channel 872 would look better than KBEH. There is no digital KBEH just analog.

There are some OTA stations that transmit this but I believe that the OP is looking for the network as it is broadcast on satellite/cable.

Okay, I have confirmed with JohnH that the channel is indeed still there and it is available in the Dish Latino package.

HOWEVER (this is speculation, I am waiting on confirmation), the channel is NOT available in areas that have a full power broadcast affiliate OR a secondary digital broadcast channel affiliate. So in Phenix, the channel is not (or should not) be available in Dish Latino. However is should be available with the local channels.

For this reason Dish Network has been hiding MTV Tr3s in the EPGs. If you do not subscribe to the channel (or cannot subscribe to the channel) it does not even show up in the guide in red.

Again, I am waiting on confirmation to that, but it makes sense.

Same thing happens with Azteca America in some markets.

See ya
Tony

Since this thread is winding down can I ask someone who watches it... Whats the deal with many of the hosts and ads being in English and most of the videos being in Spanish?

Okay, I have confirmed with JohnH that the channel is indeed still there and it is available in the Dish Latino package.

HOWEVER (this is speculation, I am waiting on confirmation), the channel is NOT available in areas that have a full power broadcast affiliate OR a secondary digital broadcast channel affiliate. So in Phenix, the channel is not (or should not) be available in Dish Latino. However is should be available with the local channels.

For this reason Dish Network has been hiding MTV Tr3s in the EPGs. If you do not subscribe to the channel (or cannot subscribe to the channel) it does not even show up in the guide in red.

Again, I am waiting on confirmation to that, but it makes sense.

Same thing happens with Azteca America in some markets.

See ya
Tony

ohh ok. thanks for the info! :D that probably is it. i just found out that KBEH is digital but i cant get it. i probably need a bigger antenna.

i wish MTV Tr3s was more in spanish. whenever i watch it, its mostly english.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)